Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednewbie from falkirk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gradon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 16:23

cheers Sailorbaz and mikw, the car is silver, and i live up in standburn near avonbridge..just bought a new place in alloa so moving there in september, so ill need to change my profile when im set up over there..im awy out to wash this car of mine now whils the suns out..got a decent enough (i hope) digital camera so will post some pics later..took some the other night with the mobile, they turned out rubbish but i sort of expected that..catch you later..

Sponsored Links

mikw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Short by about 148 bhp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 19:21

Hi Gradon, good to hear from someone else local. I live at dennyloanhead just up from bonnybridge, collected the car from the garage today with 2 new rear coil springs fitted, car sitting level again. And best of all new MOT...  wooohoo

Cheers Michael

'06 C220 Sport - '88 E30 325i Convertible

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 22:43
Originally posted by gradon-318is gradon-318is wrote:

Pete the model is an E36..has only the 1.9in her but just shorty is being booked in to be chipped and have been told with the correct tuning this should take it to roughly 2.2...that is if this is true, as i dont want to spend money where its not needed!! i feel the car is quick enough but just want that bit extra edge..have looked for an M3 but found most are run into the ground!!so ill make do with this one and just cruise behind all you guys and try to sit in your slipstreams and save on fuel..ill be uploading pics hopefully tomorrow after work but hope you guys can tell me how to as im still green with this pc..going to bed now up at 330am for that dreaded thing called work!!! the things one must do so one can eat and feed a family.haha..take care all who replied to me..

I have never been " Chipped " i am still  undamaged !!! 

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 08:54
Originally posted by shorty shorty wrote:

I have never been " Chipped " i am still  undamaged !!! 

That's a matter of opinion young man :-p
coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 09:56
Originally posted by gradon-318is gradon-318is wrote:

Pete the model is an E36..has only the 1.9in her but just shorty is being booked in to be chipped and have been told with the correct tuning this should take it to roughly 2.2...that is if this is true,

A chip to bore out your engine to 2.2 that would be impressive!!!

I take it you mean the performance of a 2.2

A chip wont make an amazing difference but is probably the cheapest way to get a few extra horses and make it much perkier to drive

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 12:09
Aye, when I had the M3 Chipped the acceleration was alot more torque'y low down coming straight in at about 2700 rpm, it was great. Not to mention the 155mph limiter it removed!!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic