Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednewbie from falkirk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gradon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: newbie from falkirk
    Posted: 30-July-2006 at 20:20

just like to say hi to the few guys i met at todays meet at newhouse and for letting me tag along to bm garage at law..i got home and have now joined the club!!!.. just hope i did it properly as not used to this pc.. catch u all later...graham..

Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 21:06

Hi welcome to BMW-Board Forum

What is it you drive? 318is e30 or e36?

I am sure the guys filled you in on the Club etc today

If you have any questions don`t hesitate to ask

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 21:36

Nice one G

Hope you enjoyed today - the last car (Shorty's) went on the ramps at 6:00pm  Davie (and Jean) were brilliant as usual - thanks to them for having us.

My car is booked in for Wednesday to get some bits and pieces sorted out, but first I need at least 2 tyres and 1 alloy - so that is my task for Monday/Tuesday

Just sorting some photos out just now - so keep an eye out for them

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 21:53
Originally posted by gradon-318is gradon-318is wrote:

just like to say hi to the few guys i met at todays meet at newhouse and for letting me tag along to bm garage at law..i got home and have now joined the club!!!.. just hope i did it properly as not used to this pc.. catch u all later...graham..

Hi Graham, good to meet you today & glad to hear you joined the club too & as Pete has pointed out feel free to contact any of us if you need more info or any questions you have .

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 22:25

Good day and turnout, appologies to those I never spoke to (rivetted to Davy's diagnosis of problems and solutions, a good day when you learn more..)

Nero it's not only the wheel thats dented, your wallet too..ouch bud! nice speaking to you. I pressume you've made it home safely (albeit a leisurely cruise back home)

I take it Sandy stuck to his appointment with a hangover then? (no show) 

Thanks to Davy and Jean for an excellent day out!  

BTW Welcome to the forum

Edited by RossiS
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 22:55
Welcome to the forum, please post some pics up
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 22:56

Damn, i completely forgot about this one!

I was wanting to try Jean's tea as well.

Welcome to the forum mate.

Edited by bluebro

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
Gradon View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gradon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 23:16

Pete the model is an E36..has only the 1.9in her but just shorty is being booked in to be chipped and have been told with the correct tuning this should take it to roughly 2.2...that is if this is true, as i dont want to spend money where its not needed!! i feel the car is quick enough but just want that bit extra edge..have looked for an M3 but found most are run into the ground!!so ill make do with this one and just cruise behind all you guys and try to sit in your slipstreams and save on fuel..ill be uploading pics hopefully tomorrow after work but hope you guys can tell me how to as im still green with this pc..going to bed now up at 330am for that dreaded thing called work!!! the things one must do so one can eat and feed a family.haha..take care all who replied to me..

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-July-2006 at 23:33

Fit like and welcome gradon-318

If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 00:04

RossiS- drove home very slowly  

My Guardian Angel must have been watching over me

gradon-318is - Apologies didn't get a pic of your car. Next time

Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Youve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 03:45
Hi mate welcome, as you've probably already realised we're quite a friendly bunch, any questions ? theres usually some one who can help
2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 08:54

Hi Graham and welcome to the club and forum, nice looking car you have mate .

Thanks to everyone that organised the meet, was a cracking day out. Was great to watch Davy doing his thing on our cars and always good to learn more about them.

Glad to hear you got home without any problems Nero, hope you get it all sorted ok.

Stuart.

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 09:26
Stuart - your car looked way impressive in me rearview as we were going from Newhouse down to Davy's Took a swatch at it at BM Motors - what exhaust are you running?
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 10:07
Welcome 
E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 10:10

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Stuart - your car looked way impressive in me rearview as we were going from Newhouse down to Davy's Took a swatch at it at BM Motors - what exhaust are you running?

Thanks for the compliment, I'm well chuffed at the comments she was getting

I've got a cat back system from this mob atm ....

http://www.blueflameperformance.com/

Great price compared to some of the other systems on the market, not too loud, fits well and imho looks pretty good

Stuart.

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 10:31
Originally posted by Vikerin Vikerin wrote:

Great price compared to some of the other systems on the market, not too loud, fits well and imho looks pretty good

You done any before/after rolling road runs w.r.t. power changes from the exhaust?
Vikerin View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 11:08

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Originally posted by Vikerin Vikerin wrote:

You done any before/after rolling road runs w.r.t. power changes from the exhaust?

Nope, hasn't been anywhere near the rollers yet. I meant to do before/after runs with the exhaust and induction kit but didn't get round to it before I fitted them. Hopefully I'll be getting a remap soonish and will be able to check the power then.

She's definitely quicker and is a lot more responsive to the throttle so I'm guessing there's been an increase over the standard bhp with the two of them on. Probably not much but every little helps .

Stuart.

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 16:58
Welcome mate
mikw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Short by about 148 bhp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-July-2006 at 18:49

Hello and welcome to the forum Graham mate. Maybe see you around Falkirk sometime, BTW what colour is your E36 ?..

Cheers Michael...

'06 C220 Sport - '88 E30 325i Convertible

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2006 at 14:42

Where about in Falkirk you at? I live up the High Station way. Maybe see you around Falkirk, and at one of the meets soon.

Welcome mate, and I am sure that someone one here will be able to help you with ANY problems you have with your E36. Hopefully none right enough but you never know!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic