FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMagnecor leads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magnecor leads
    Posted: 25-August-2003 at 14:11
Anyone know if the 8.5mm leads for the E30 M3 come with a seperator? I`ve ditched the BMW lead router which has damaged one of my leads (worn right throughthe black plastic) and will need something to seperate any new leads I get. I know some lead manufacturers provide a nylon seperator.

I want to keep my car resonably std but at £150 before VAT for std leads(which are meant to be fitted in the plastic harness thing), the Magnecor`s seem a reasonable price at £111 incluiding vat(an online shop). Is it worth the extra £11 quid to get the 8.5mm ones or are the 8mm`s good enough?
Sponsored Links

M3Pilot View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2003 at 15:13
I don't believe that they do. I bought my from Gustave and got the bracket that he supplies with them.
The 8mm wil be fine unless you want to go to the 8.5mm which are a better wire but I doubt you would notice the difference to be honest. This is what the bracket I have looks like.

Darren M View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2003 at 20:14
I like the red ones (evo sport kinda look) so will probably go with the red ones which are the 8.5mm ones.

I don`t fancy paying the extra shipping costs from the USA (or the long wait for the leads) so will order over here but might try and grab a bracket off of Gustave in a few weeks time .

M3Pilot View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2003 at 20:20
I don't know if Gustave one are different to the Normal Magnecor one for the S14. I know there a custom length, but whether this makes them longer or shorter I'm not sure. They might need to be a certain length to fit his bracket.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic