Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĆ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHallmark certificate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hallmark certificate
    Posted: 26-May-2006 at 18:51

Hi everyone I know I'm a newbie but I have owned various BMW coupes over the past 20 years.Ranging from my first 3.0 cs manual to my current daily hack an e63 M6.

In 2000 i bought RKD 505T a 633csi hallmark Amazon Green metallic with White Beige leather not everyone's cup of tea as regards colour but I love it.I then restored the car back to it's original spec the correct suspension,wheels,and front spoiler.

Some of you may remember the car from Heckfield 2003.A glorious day with a superb turn out of Bavaria's finest.A few weeks later the Liverpool Echo wanted to do a feature on the car,which I agreed too.I then received a phone call from an elderly gentlemen saying that he use to work part-time for Beechwood BMW in Liverpool and in November 1978 drove down to TWR in Kidlington to collect RKD 505T.On collecting the car he was given a certificate to say that RKD 505T was the 19th car out of 27.It was the driven up to Beechwood and placed in the showroom with a price tag of £20000.

Unfortunately I don't have the certificate I wonder if anyone has one and could verify this.Also I would like fellow owners of these rare cars to contact me so I can start to construct a register.At the moment I have information on  10 cars.Cheers Graeme.

Edited by sharknose7
Sponsored Links

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-May-2006 at 05:21

Not sure where this Certificate ended up - might be a needle in the haystack

Another TWR "Hallmark" recently came up on eBay as a restoration / source of spares project, which people might well have seen! Red/maroon leather interior, with the "H" capping badges, etc.

Edited by Horsetan

sharknose7 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2006 at 22:45
Yes I've given up on finding my certificate,just wondered if anyone else had come across one before,so I can establish whether they do exist.Sorry for the delay in replying,problem accessing site and the TT.
sharknose7 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-June-2006 at 22:51
Thanks for the tip off about the Hallmark on ebay.It's now sitting on my drive.Wife's going Ape!!Might have to take off what I need and sell the rest.
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-June-2006 at 10:35

Originally posted by sharknose7 sharknose7 wrote:

Thanks for the tip off about the Hallmark on ebay.It's now sitting on my drive.Wife's going Ape!!Might have to take off what I need and sell the rest.

Ah, this explains why I never got a reply about the Alpina wheels, then

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic