Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWTCC Weekend

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTCC Weekend
    Posted: 22-May-2006 at 06:05

Hi All

Just a quick post regarding the above event.

First of all it has to be said, a big thanks to BMW (GB) for supplying the 'gratis' tickets for the weekend and also to the club for advertising and distributing them in good time.

I went on the Sunday with big 6 to see the racing, which despite the weather was a great day. Unfortunately I turned up at 10:25 (due to being delayed by a technical problem - diagnosis - a sticky matress) after an hour and a halfs drive from where I live. The BMWCC signs were up directing people to the South Bank, but by this time I was directed to the overflow, as the South Bank had filled up. No major problem - my fault for getting there late.

I made my way to the South Bank and was surprised to see very few 6er there - was everyone put off by the weather (which I don't blame you) or were you stuck in the car park like me? I counted seeing less than 10 E24 6er there (including the 2 on the SE region display). Or was it a case that everyone went on the Saturday? 

Despite the weather I thought the racing was on top form - my personal highlights being Mansell showing the M3GTR a thing or two and the Historic Racing - notably the GT40 and the chap in the Red Cortina, who really pushed his car to the limit and past it to the point where he finished by tow truck. I decided to call it a day just before the last 2 races as it was looking unlikely that they would go ahead  with the weather as it was at that time. Did they go ahead? 

I was pleased with my 6's performance, as I am still running her in after a total engine rebuild/timing chain replacement etc - she lapped up the miles and the event served as a great excuse to put some more on her, as if I needed one!

My final thoughts are to my trusty Umbrella, Colin, who put up a brave fight against the heavy wind and rain, finally beaten by heavy winds at the 2nd WTCC race Podium ceremony, ironically, just 2 days away from retirement. RIP Colin.

Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2006 at 17:34

Originally posted by WheelerDealer WheelerDealer wrote:

My final thoughts are to my trusty Umbrella, Colin, who put up a brave fight against the heavy wind and rain, finally beaten by heavy winds at the 2nd WTCC race Podium ceremony, ironically, just 2 days away from retirement. RIP Colin.

RIP Colin - want to buy the Eurosport one I "acquired" on Sunday?

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
WheelerDealer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2006 at 03:39

No, I couldn't, it wouldn't be the same as Colin. They say its not a good idea to replace an Umbrella so soon after losing one, as they're never the same. Thanks anyway though and nice one for 'aquiring' one!

Forgot to say that the E30 boys had a fair few numbers there on Sunday. Was yours the Black one parked next to the Red one on the grassy Bank of the South Bank facing the Start/Finish?

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-May-2006 at 18:40

No, I couldn't, it wouldn't be the same as Colin. They say its not a good idea to replace an Umbrella so soon after losing one, as they're never the same. Thanks anyway though and nice one for 'acquiring' one!
Err, yes, a few got "forgotten" after the 2nd WTCC and "left behind" in **** pit, so were distributed among the bystanders!

Forgot to say that the E30 boys had a fair few numbers there on Sunday. Was yours the Black one parked next to the Red one on the grassy Bank of the South Bank facing the Start/Finish?
No, mine was only there on Saturday, Sunday she was in the marshals car-park off Scratchers Lane for a fast get away (Left BH @ 18:50, home [Cheltenham] at 21:10 - 70mph all the way officer! )

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic