FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedARNOLD CLARK BMW !!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 14:55
As Ayrshire's only BMW dealer the loos to "Arnie" will be felt for sure and I shudder to think of driving down to Harbourside and seeing rows and rows of Peugeots interpersed with BMW's.

Sadly I found "Henry" little better than "Arnie" the attitude to my e32 V12 was despicable. I am a money paying customer who has parted with thousands of pounds in the past four years, not a penny went to them because of one petty jobsworth and the snooty attitude to my car.

I will now have little choice but to go out to "Dougie" if "Arnie" plays true to recent form.

A sad day indeed for the marque.
Why can't a few of the better heeled here (Tiko this is your area) get together and do a V.Cap, J.V

2009 520d SE Business Edition

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Sponsored Links

stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 15:11
what's a v.cap j.v. ?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Rossi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-May-2006 at 16:03

well, I haven't had dealings with Arnold Clark, and by your opinions I won't be having anything to do with them.

I feel for you guys though..

Living in the sticks, the only dealer in our area are d*****n and they continue the trend of dealerships nudge, nudge, wink, wink if you know what I mean

Del64 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2006 at 03:05
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

what's a v.cap j.v. ?

Its a Venture capital joint venture, I have seen many put together to form the projects I end up designing and it starts with one or two highly driven individuals who Chery pick the staff from existing (or closing) business's then form a company around it with funding from high(er) risk lenders such as the aforementioned Venture captialists.
The next few months will be "someone's" best shot at starting a real BMW dealership. I just don't See Arnie being the bloke.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-May-2006 at 04:55
Ssshhh!!
bluebro View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 13:30

Was in at the parts dept. in Irvine today and Sir Arnold was in meeting staff and looking around at his new purchase. He came and introduced himself to me and shook my hand and a couple of other customers in the showroom. His biggest complaint seemed to be the height of the service desk and it looked like he wanted it lowered promptly. I personally think it was made high to stop disgruntled customers from reaching over it to grab the staff by the neck!

Anyway i haven't personally had any dealings with Clarkies conglomaret yet so time will tell. He personally seems like a nice, down to earth guy though.

F22 Estoril Blue M235i
ewan.c View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 14:47

Paisley BMW has got to be a runner

bm1. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2006 at 17:49
So who actually own HF and HB is it one man like Arnie.....well it's simple as this....after hearing about vx paying 1k tomorrow it's the end of car manufacturing here, the uk id flodded with cheap european crap because that's all the most ppl can afford.
Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 05:13
I worked at Arnolds in the parts department, rover branch on Hamilton road and i can assure you theres nothing wrong with Arnie () while i was there he reversed his new Lexus sc430 through the window of his Lexus branch window, i rest my case
2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 06:29

Originally posted by Black Betty Black Betty wrote:

I worked at Arnolds in the parts department, rover branch on Hamilton road and i can assure you theres nothing wrong with Arnie () while i was there he reversed his new Lexus sc430 through the window of his Lexus branch window, i rest my case

He probably only bought the BMW dealership so he could drive one withput going against his own outlets. He can't be al bad if he wants a Beemer that much

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Del64 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 08:54
Originally posted by bm1. bm1. wrote:

So who actually own HF and HB is it one man like Arnie.....well it's simple as this....after hearing about vx paying 1k tomorrow it's the end of car manufacturing here, the uk id flodded with cheap european crap because that's all the most ppl can afford.

Fairbairn were I believe owned by the family, (hence all the cars with HF plates kicking around plus I was once told that HF24 was owned by Harry's brother??? it came from a sales person at the Irvine branch so i cannot be quoted. Henry Brothers also own St Andrews Honda and Skoda franchise's I have never found out the actual name in the frame on them so to speak as to the M.D or chairman.

hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 13:03

I had dealing with an Arnie site in Broxburn. Fitted a cambelt to a Tipo and less than 3 mths later it burst and wrecked the engine. Said I had done it!!!!! They didn't even have the tool to set the tappets and the thing rattled til I sold it.

Had my 3 series in at HF in early May and was told then that Arnie had bought it. Hope he gets rid of the useless skirt at reception. She really went off on one when I said I had paid the MOT station direct instead of being billed by HF!!

Richard the technician, great guy, once I finally was allowed to talk to him. It was like they were holding my car prisoner when it was in workshop. Wouldn't let me see in at all. Don't like that - never know what could happen. I've worked in the trade all my life and know what does happen in workshops!!

Met Arnie himself and not a bad bloke - just some of the t***rs around him he employs.

Went and spoke to my new dealer (as I am temporarily relocating) - no problem at standing and watching vehicle serviced etc AND discount as well.

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2006 at 22:06
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

He probably only bought the BMW dealership so he could drive one withput going against his own outlets. He can't be al bad if he wants a Beemer that much

He owns a decent collection of classics and exotica.  I doubt he'll have lashed out a few mill just so that he can tool around in a 318i.

He's clever.  If you look at his recent adverts, there'll be a couple of BMWs at each branch and generally advertised at prices a good bit cheaper than the main dealers.  Look at the same adverts in three or six months and I guarantee you that there'll be no BMWs for sale at the regular branches and if there are they'll be the hounds that he couldn't retail at Fairbairns.  Every used BMW he gets in will, if of suitable quality, go to Fairbairns and be sold for a better price than he could get at the other sites.  Good business sense, buy something that immediately makes every BMW you buy more valuable.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Del64 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 03:40
I had noticed this in my search for an e38, he has a pretty 728i Sport a 2000 or 2001 for £10K at one of the branches where he never would touch them to this degree before.

I agree it's very clever the same sort of thing has gone on with D.C Cook in the Yorkshire and even Vardy group with a full brand sales set up. I still feel that "we just lost something" feeling though. I can't put my finger on it yet but no doubt when we see rows and rows of junk parked in Irvine and Giffnock we will know.

Del64 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Double 6 driver

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-May-2006 at 10:21
I further noticed today that for the first time ever they have a £6K e39 for sale right in the front of the yard. A 97 528i in glacier with cloth / Auto on at £5995. Tell me this would have been seen before?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic