Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 6 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE24 Springs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-June-2006 at 12:29
I think the mtec 2 kit on the e30 really nasty. the mtec 1 is reat, and very similar to the 6 kit here, with the rib's etc. i like the valanceon the back of the six, but the sideskirts, do very little. they either need to be more pronounced, or just leave them out all together
www.335itc.co.uk
Its gonna be finished for summer!!! thats the plan!!!
Sponsored Links

twincamsham View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2006 at 13:26

Check it out, hows it going.

Just looked thorugh your webpage impressive job your doing there to say the least. I would disagree on th mtec kit for e30s! have you ever seen an ultra clean phase2  325i sport siting nice and low on Alpinas or BBS, Been done sure but highly effective visually, it demands attention- It makes the mtec 1 look slightly aftermarket kit.

They can both look good il admit , i had an m tec 2 and you probably owned an mtec 1 so its whatever you 'bond' with i suppose!

I see you plan to put 4 tailpipes on your beast- as a little constructive critisism i think you may regret this in future, i did a huge carisma style oval on a mk2 golf gti16v a few years ago and its something you grow out of very quickly. 

Hope thats some use to you as it made me very annoyed with my project over something small i wished id left alone!

Rodge

Buckfast Tonic Wine-
Now available Australia Wide.
Check it out! View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-June-2006 at 12:02

Lol, it is always that way, whateve you own. Its difficult to not be biased really. I didnt like the m3 e30 shape before, but now i have fitted it i have found myself prefering it!

With the tailpipes, i don't want anything overstated, and it isn't to copy the new m3 either. I just want a reverse camera, and better reverse lights, so the extra tailpipes allow me to add this without having to adapt the boot badge for the camera, and have an aftermakret jap like rear light add-on.

I'm going for 2"> 2.5" rolled out, 2 of either side, so no big ovals or jap boxe's etc. It is questionable, and i took a fair bit of time to consider it. Good thing is i can always put the bumper back as was with a little work, and remove the pipes if need be.

The six has taken over alittle more recently though, and i have to keep slaping myself for doing a "to do list".

At onepoint i have 3k already spent, and that was suspension, wheels alone. I have to tame it down a little, otherwise the 335 will never get done.

Looking at the speed of the 635 i'm not going to turbo the 335i. i'm just fitting lightened engine, head/ cam etc, and multiple throttlebodies. All in all i will be around 300bhp, a tad lower maybe, but very quick even so. Unfortunetly up and coming things like houses start to take their tole, and i can see me fighting to keep hold of both!

www.335itc.co.uk
Its gonna be finished for summer!!! thats the plan!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic