Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĂ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAir Conditioning Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Conditioning Problems
    Posted: 30-July-2003 at 19:51
Hello,

I'm having problems with the Air Conditioning in my 1998 316i Coupe.

After driving the car for about half a mile the air conditioning stops working. It can happen after half a mile or sooner or not happen at all.

No air comes out at all. The buttons all work on the LCD display and I can change the temperature etc.

Took it back to the dealer last week who connected it up to the computer and told me there was not a fault although they did say they don't doubt that I've got a problem and want to get it fixed?

Phoned them on Monday and told them that the fault they couldn't find was back again.

It's now happening every time I drive the car.

Last night it started beeping when at 27 degrees then the Air Con went off.

Would it have registered an error in the computer?

Was it the Air Conditioning that caused the beeping noise. It sounded like the parking sensors although I was doing about 30 and not reversing.

Any ideas would be ammunition to take back to Henry Bros. as the car is booked in for next Tuesday and I'm getting fed up with this bloody car as this will be the 4th or 5th time it's been back in 4 months.

Maybe it's just that these cars are crap, the mechanics don't know what they are doing and I should have stuck with the Volvo I had.

cheers
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic