Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedclimate control - I’m done to a turn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: climate control - I’m done to a turn
    Posted: 03-March-2006 at 16:33

hi peoples

with this current snap a cold weather has anyone experienced problems with their climate control.  If the indicated outside temp falls below freezing point the heat ratches it self up to gas mark 7 and the cabin temp becomes uncontrollable to the point i have to swith off the system before cooking myself.  above zero it's fine.

ian s

Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-March-2006 at 17:42

Originally posted by toon army toon army wrote:

hi peoples with this current snap a cold weather has anyone experienced problems with their climate control.  If the indicated outside temp falls below freezing point the heat ratches it self up to gas mark 7 and the cabin temp becomes uncontrollable to the point i have to swith off the system before cooking myself.  above zero it's fine. ian s

Don't turn it off!

Open the windows and sun-roof - Climate control the World!

Do your bit to combat "Global Warming"

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
d8mbn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2006 at 15:34
have encountered similar problem with mine seems to have rectified itself though let me know if you get it sorted
if it aint fixed break it
toon army View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-March-2006 at 18:05

going into BMW dealer on 23rd for MOT and anything i can get carried out prior to warranty expiring.  Will let you know.

Have noticed though that there was a bit of a cool draft flowing past the heat sensor which is located under the radio unit.  Changed some of the heater settings to try and reduce any drafts and it appears to have reduced the problem.

Never had the problem on the 320 though irrespective of weather conditions or heater settings.

Ian s

toon army View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-April-2006 at 07:35

a few forum members asked for an update on this.

Well despite numerous explainations of the problem to BMW the rheostat control was replaced (a minor cost item apparantly carried out under the final days of the cars warranty).  not sure if this has cured it but waiting for another day when the temp falls below freezing point (becoming less likely now but you never know with this british weather).

i was told if the rheostat fails then the ability to regulate the temperature is not possible.  However this type of failure usually has the affect of freezing you to death rather than being cooked to a turn.  The jury is still out on this matter

Hopefully the next switch to flick will be the air conditioning (he said hopefully)

ian s

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic