Forum LockedSuperchip & David Gillanders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superchip & David Gillanders
    Posted: 27-February-2006 at 15:23
Hi guys,

Iam thinking of getting my Z4  3.0 superchipped, i am gonna post this topic for discussion elsewhere on the forum, is it worth it etc etc

I was just wondering if anyone had experiance or know anyone who has used David Gillanders, he is an approved superchip vendor.

Graeme
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2006 at 15:31

Never Heard Of David Gillanders etc the Racing Driver

Loads of folk get there cars Chipped/Remapped and there is a guy on this forum up north just starting up

Also you may fancy the rolling road day at Falkland and i am sure you could arrange with them to fit chip as they are a Main dealer for Scotland

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2006 at 15:38
I only recommend things that I have used and would therefore recommend. A company called DMS do remapping for all sorts, you might want to give them a call.

Likewise, pm9575 has opened up for business up here...might be good to give him a buzzzzz as well.

Good luck

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

MrSHK View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2006 at 09:49
I used to go to school with David Gillanders, his dad used to own Gillanders Nissan so they have been in car industry for years and years. Infact he has been chipping for about 4 years ..maybe more so he or they should be of decent standard. Never been to see or heard anything about them so cant really say but should be good enough. Think they work out of the marcliffe so its a good prefessional set-up... HTH

328 Sport-19" Hamann HM2-Gen6 Angel Eyes-Reload Mapping Remap- BBTB & manifold conversion-Eibach Suspension-M3GT Interior
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2006 at 10:06

Originally posted by MrSHK MrSHK wrote:

Think they work out of the marcliffe so its a good prefessional set-up... HTH

ahhh... thats where I remember that name from now!  with my previous employer i used to have to fix the computers at the marcliffe hotel, there was what looked like a car valeting business at the back end of the car park, wonder if thats them?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
GWatson View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2006 at 10:37

"I only recommend things that I have used and would therefore recommend. A company called DMS do remapping for all sorts, you might want to give them a call. "

Yeah that's the guys I have heard of, but they are down south somewhere are they not??

Thanks for the other commends, yet he operates out of the Marcliffe.

Graeme

GWatson View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-February-2006 at 11:47

Spoke to Mike at DMS who was very helpful. Their remap sounds very good, upto 24bhp more and the same in torque. Problem is £595 + VAT Will maybe need to save up first, but it is my preferred solution over a superchip. Taking the car to around 255bhp would be perfect.

The do work at the Porsche garage in Aberdeen every second week, so no problem with logistics :)

Graeme

Edited by GWatson
pm9575 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2006 at 03:28

Hello,

Without trying to openly solicit business from the forum, I am based just outside Elgin, and operate as a dealer for Chipped UK. The founder, Jayson, is well known on most BMW related forums, plus many others, and has certainly enough results, history and now financial reinvestment (not to mention diversity) to support and back up any requirements you may have.

Superchips are what represented in these parts, much the same as Chipped UK - by 'a dealer' therefore in much the same way as I. The main differences are: price, product, location, and service thereafter.

The choice is yours, but I would prefer to have Jayson tweak my ECU information rather than simply go to a named brand and pay extra for the same, if not a less bespoke application.

Best Regards, and thanks for everyone who remembered moi.

Edited by pm9575
MrSHK View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2006 at 07:26
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

Originally posted by MrSHK MrSHK wrote:

Think they work out of the marcliffe so its a good prefessional set-up... HTH

ahhh... thats where I remember that name from now!  with my previous employer i used to have to fix the computers at the marcliffe hotel, there was what looked like a car valeting business at the back end of the car park, wonder if thats them?

No thats another small company...could be linked..not sure. Think they operate out of a suite in the hotel...and just use the normal car park to do any work....

The valeters at the back is where i got my windows tinted. Another friend from school was doing that and valeting cars but not sure if he is still around..... just if anyone was/is interested....

328 Sport-19" Hamann HM2-Gen6 Angel Eyes-Reload Mapping Remap- BBTB & manifold conversion-Eibach Suspension-M3GT Interior
GWatson View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2006 at 11:49
pm9575, you will have PM in 5 minutes 
chippeduk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
ECU Tech

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-March-2006 at 13:58

Just to add, pm9575 can do a superb job via remap on this car, he can read and write my data to your car live with excelent gains of around 19-23hp depending on the hardware/software your car has fitted.

either way, it will be great gains in the midrange and smoother idle, progression of pwer etc etc and half the price of many other firms.

jayson@chippeduk.com
www.chippeduk.com
07815-501867 - 01527-579345
scottie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2006 at 17:15
Originally posted by pm9575 pm9575 wrote:

Hello,

Without trying to openly solicit business from the forum, I am based just outside Elgin, and operate as a dealer for Chipped UK. The founder, Jayson, is well known on most BMW related forums, plus many others, and has certainly enough results, history and now financial reinvestment (not to mention diversity) to support and back up any requirements you may have.

Superchips are what represented in these parts, much the same as Chipped UK - by 'a dealer' therefore in much the same way as I. The main differences are: price, product, location, and service thereafter.

The choice is yours, but I would prefer to have Jayson tweak my ECU information rather than simply go to a named brand and pay extra for the same, if not a less bespoke application.

Best Regards, and thanks for everyone who remembered moi.

Hello PM575.  H'mmm Jason you say.??  is that    jason
B&W AUTOREPAIRS LTD
?????.  

pm9575 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-March-2006 at 18:17

Not as far as I am aware, certainly this Jayson (Chipped UK) knows his stuff. A real whizz with the coded data used by your car's engine management.

I have seen and now benefit from cars that Jayson has 'tweaked' himself - and not merely a bought in generic programme that the distributor has 'on the shelf'.

There is quite an art to what he does.

Performance ECU Tuning Without a Performance www.reloadmapping.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic