Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > General Motors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAre BMWCCGB finally seeing..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are BMWCCGB finally seeing..
    Posted: 18-October-2002 at 12:54
the 7 series as a bmw? All I ever seem to see is the 3 series, M3/M5's. I beleive I am not alone in this issue as a few 7 series owners have seen nothing to help them. I myself approached them, and was told they had sole premission of the use of the roundel and they had a 7 series register, which I have yet to see still, one year later. I doubt if this message will stay up for long, then so much for free speech?
Sponsored Links

Simon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2002 at 13:08

No you're not alone in this issue. Seems unless you have the latest car or most popular models (3 series obviously) then the resources available are very limited if not non existent.

Thank goodness some of us have the get up and go to rectify this with our own Forum(s)

Take a look http://www.thee32register.co.uk for yourself and decide.

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2002 at 13:18

anybody else from the club have an angle on this?

Surely these guys are right, the seven needs more representation, regardless wether there is 1 owner member or 100. With the onset of the new 7, the older e32/38's are becoming more affordable to the 'average' owner (no put down intended) so the club has to cater for them, or they will go elsewhere!

my 10p worth.

Rob Nicol View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-October-2002 at 19:37

I see that the BMW CCGB have finally relented and joined the 21st century. I wish this site all the very best, but it has come very late in the day following the success of the likes of roadfly and other BMW related boards. I hope that there will not now be a campaign to shutdown other sites by the BMWCCGB but support the community effort.

I agree, it would be good to see more focus on non-M power and 3/5 series. I guess this will come now that there is a separate dedicated M power outfit.

OK, I’ll start of on the contentious note and pitch my background in here. I have briefly been a member of the BMWCCGB earlier this year and decided it was not for me as during the three months I was a member I felt that my interests were not served. But I guess things are changing and the BMWCCGB is now starting to open up a little.

When requesting to terminate my membership I received an email from Jeff Heywood sighting that the E32 was under represented and that members of the BMWCCGB had not managed to stimulate enough interested to form a register. Well it looks like things are looking up, as the recent South East meeting I attended with other non BMWCCGB owners was well attended by E32’s we even managed to outnumber the other marks.

I must also add that I hope that members are treated with less hostility when asking to leave now as well as the positive supportive approach shown when joining.

Best wishes and every success to you.

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-October-2002 at 10:47

Rob,

Good points there, now I think the club can be pro-active in trying to regenerate their relationship towards the various 7's that are about. After all, not only is this forum here to help owners/enthusiasts alike with info and problem solving etc, but it will also help to show the club if the members feel that they are going in the 'wrong' direction. This forum is a step in the right direction, and hopefully will be well supported when it gets off the ground.

Is there a current register on these at all at present? I haven't looked up the contacts in the mag, so I'll have a look tonight.

AG

Myse7en View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-October-2002 at 15:59
Yes I do hope something gets off the ground with BMWCCGB, and all seven owners can benefit from it. There is a 7 series register for the E32, and can be found on its own website at http://www.thee32register.co.uk . we have 239 members mainly from the UK and from all around the world.
Its growing weekly, and getting better and better. The club is run with no funding, but with hard work from its memebrs, its getting there. we are having a meeting at the BMW show in Donington Park this weekend Sunday 27th October, and you will find us in the secure parking area.
I await with interest to see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic