Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3 GT Register?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-February-2006 at 08:07
Jesus at those prices I'll definatly sell mine back to mainland Europe!
CSL

M3 GT ... No. 141 - Gone, but not forgotten
Sponsored Links

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2006 at 15:22
Well...

Got the car Pix to follow once the weather cheers up a bit...

And started the register - http://www.m3gtregister.com/ - let me know what you think... info gleaned from threads on here as well as general purpose browsing. Would you expect to see any other info? Have I got any wrong?
daveM3GT#41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveM3GT#41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 16:19

Hi all new to the forum.

Ive got #41 of 50 right hand drive GT's

Will post pics soon, Birds in Uxbridge have been looking ater it for me and she is driving great.

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-February-2006 at 20:12
Welcome aboard Dave

Looking forward to the pix.
e30m3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e30m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 04:27
One of the few uk cars was for sale in the back of autosport last week. Shame to see such a rear car turned into a race car.

The GT is the only E36 i'd buy
Andy

1987 M3 - Henna red, UK supplied
1971 V12 Jaguar E-type - Midnight blue
1991 205 GTI - Black track car
2003 Tonykart Venox Rotax Max
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 05:07
Dunno about few... there have been 4 UK cars on the market over the last 5 weeks or so. 22/28/35 and an unknown one in TBMW.

If you've still got the Autosport could you scan the ad for me please?
superdavros View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superdavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 12:46

Good work setting the list up. Sorry I can't add to it, but well done for starting it.

Dave - (Boggo E30 M3 #198702000 and 26)

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2006 at 15:15
Cheers mate
e30m3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote e30m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 10:08
its in there again this week. I'll have a go at scanning in over the weekend and send it to you.
Andy

1987 M3 - Henna red, UK supplied
1971 V12 Jaguar E-type - Midnight blue
1991 205 GTI - Black track car
2003 Tonykart Venox Rotax Max
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 10:15
Thanks very much!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveM3GT#41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 12:55

the good thing is they dont stay on the market long, so people out there still appreciate what the cars are

There is a down side to this:

1. the wrong kind of people find out what they are

2. they find out it is not a bolt on fake M3

3. then they want to knick one

4. then we have even less of the finest E36 M3's ever built

5. So it would be nice to keep them all in the right hands and be well looked afteras im sure you will all agree.

Edited by daveM3GT#41
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-February-2006 at 17:01
Originally posted by daveM3GT#41 daveM3GT#41 wrote:

5. So it would be nice to keep them all in the right hands and be well looked afteras im sure you will all agree.

Amen.
scrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2006 at 09:15

Hi, I was guided here by a guy on e36coupe.com.

I believe I have no.42/50 of the Imola Individual's, she's got 54k on the clock and is totally immaculate inside and out.  So if you want you can add it to the register - its definately not dead yet

Edited by scrob
scrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2006 at 09:19
PS I noticed on your website that you say the II has Motorsport International side mouldings.  This is incorrect, they just have the normal M3 badging all round mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveM3GT#41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2006 at 15:21

The Motorsport International side mouldings are only fitted to the vehicles with alluminium doors/bonet/boot, so I am told.

I know the GT has them  , but not to sure about the II,

If you have the spec sheet of your car it should tell you what was fitted as standard to your II.

If not give BMW a call and quote your chassis number and they can give you a print out of the spec sheet.

b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2006 at 18:40
only the GT has the motorsport international side mouldings, and only the doors are aluminium , as archive information dictates, and a magnet!

Edited by b7 eater
E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2006 at 13:21
Cheers Scrob. Thanks for dropping in

The GT Individual has M3 side moulding badges
GT Coupe has MSI side moulding badges.
I'll sort the GT2 page.

@ b7 eater - what GT you running?

Cheers,

Duncan
rvbush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rvbush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2006 at 13:48
Scrob, nice to see you here as well. just joined myself.
scrob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2006 at 16:34

OK Cool

The car is at 54,000 miles, it's my daily driver, and hasn't missed a beat.  It's garaged in Londonderry N.Ireland under lock and chain lol but I suppose thats how it needs to be done! Added security are an alsation dog and an angry owner hehe   I'll hopefully be getting along to some of the BMW shows this year in Ireland with her.  She's totally standard at the minute, the only modifications I'm planning are a set of Eibach springs along with new standard shocks (the car sits a little bit high for my liking), a genuine Gruppe-M air intake, oh and it's now sporting my private reg.  I've spent a fortune picking up little silly things for it like new badges, new window seals, new head lights, mud flaps, first aid kit etc which have now left it minter than mint  I plan to drive the car for another year or so, then either put it into storeage for good and drive a run around, or else sell it and put the money towards a house.  Not sure which to do though, would break my heart to sell it

That's about all I can think of.  The car has had 3 previous owners, one being BMW Financial services who owned it for a month while it was sold at auction so I'm technically really only the third person to drive it.  If you want any more information just ask and I could provide the chassis number if you like?

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by scrob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveM3GT#41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2006 at 15:04

Duncan,

for the update on the numbering of the GTs, only BMW could make it so complicated to follow

Good effort on the register and for getting the build numbers

pictures are on way to the register.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic