Forum LockedM3 GT Register?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M3 GT Register?
    Posted: 30-September-2006 at 11:48

Good stuff mate. Aye, you were fairly chuffed when you found number 15 right enough, good work. Fancy starting one for CSL's???

Still can't believe they didn't give them individual numbers, LOONS!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
Sponsored Links

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 13:25
Well, the register has now hit the halfway mark for the GT Individuals! Although I'm only claiming 24 on the site, the 25th is Evo's ring lapper project - I'm awaiting a response from them confirming the Chassis number... now to track down another 60ish GT Coupes and I'll have half of them too
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2006 at 09:08
Good snaps mate! Cheers
oola View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-July-2006 at 08:46

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Register is still growing!

18 GT Individuals found, 12 Evo Individuals and 110 GT Coupes

Thanks for all the help folks!

They are common as muck these days! Just had a weekend at the Ring and there were a total of 6 others including mine!!!! 2 were a motorsport garage, a lovely example owned Thorleif Neilson who also has the plate M3 GT as well as owning an exceptional CSL with the plate, M3 CSL ...

There was an English regsitered GT out there which looked like it had been left there so the owner could fly out and use it.

Saw two great examples in the Ring car park ... one with a Luxenberg reg. in amazing condition and another which had been stripped to the bone!

And mine didn't look too shabby either .....

CSL

M3 GT ... No. 141 - Gone, but not forgotten
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-July-2006 at 10:40
Register is still growing!

18 GT Individuals found, 12 Evo Individuals and 110 GT Coupes

Thanks for all the help folks!
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2006 at 10:34
Cheers
M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3AG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2006 at 10:22
mailed you info Duncan.
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-April-2006 at 09:36
Now got 100 of the Euro cars on the register (largely thanks to M3GTDRIVER), 12 UK and 7 of the Imola red Evos.

Also got a mention in this month's club mag - albeit in the Scottish section rather than the news.

Anything else you guys reckon I shold be doing with the register?

Hopefully get a wee mention in Total BMW when they venture north at the end of the month
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-March-2006 at 15:27
Joop (just registered as M3GTDRIVER) found these pix of 16/356 :-/

b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2006 at 12:48

E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-March-2006 at 12:44

finally got around to taking a couple of pics,  hope they work.

Edited by b7 eater
E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2006 at 10:59
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

Originally posted by daveM3GT#41 daveM3GT#41 wrote:

Duncan,

Im going up to Airdrie at the end of MARCH if you fancy meeting up?

Bringing the green machine with me.

It would be good to let the locals of Scotland see 2 of the very rare GTs together, or any magazine if they are reading the forum!

Can but try!!

Dave I'm in Coatbridge let me know and I'll tag along if that's OK

Now that would make for some smart pictures! Errrm you're not parking the GT in Airdrie are you..?

Drop me an eMail and we'll arrange a get-together. T'would be good if you were up on the 26th as there's a Scottish Region meet that day?
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2006 at 10:13
Originally posted by daveM3GT#41 daveM3GT#41 wrote:

Duncan,

It would be good to let the locals of Scotland see 2 of the very rare GTs together, or any magazine if they are reading the forum!

Can but try!!

Dave I'm in Coatbridge let me know and I'll tag along if that's OK
2002SportEvo View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2002SportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-March-2006 at 03:02

Dunk

I was looking at buying EA90930 about 15 months ago - IMC were selling it........they had it for a while...

2002 SportEvo    
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-March-2006 at 15:49
Got the chassis vs edition numbers for the Evo Individual / 'GT2' from BMW. Up on the site now
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2006 at 10:33
Spottted that. Been resurrected by the current owner from the Breakers yard. Good effort

Striking interior trim too.
UJM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UJM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-March-2006 at 10:05
bhp555 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhp555 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-March-2006 at 14:42

Hi daveM3GT#41,

Do I read you right when you say you've ordered the full carbon interior through C3?

I’ve dealt with C3 before and they certainly know their stuff, they come highly regarded and highly recommended, but a word to the wise..

...if they can get hold of the genuine carbon centre console cover, (with the red thread running through the weave), on special order through BMW (no doubt with a long wait while they make one up for you), make sure it's a right hand drive one with the correct number of window switch 'holes'.

In other words if you can get a right hand drive version, make sure you don't get one with electric opening rear windows, if your car doesn't have them etc, etc.

I've been through this before with a couple of BMW dealers, (one still sends happy new year wishes – top dealer) and it was a long and drawn out business. I eventually gave up on the centre console cover – it transpired they were not geared up for right hookers – things may have changed since.

By the way, I managed to get hold of the glove box cover, but only after proving it was a GT as it had to be made to special order at BMW GmbH.

The cost although very high, did not represent good value for money to BMW, they possibly make a loss on them but they have to do it to honour their commitment to support older cars.

Best of luck with your car………..

b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2006 at 17:39
E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
daveM3GT#41 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveM3GT#41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-March-2006 at 16:26

Duncan,

Can but try!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic