Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 7 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy car is out the ’car hospital’ but ....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Topic: My car is out the ’car hospital’ but ....
    Posted: 22-January-2006 at 04:53

Hi everyone

After 6 months my car is out the 'car hospital' but ......

Well I went to collect my car after a series of engine changes  Cry Cry Cry Cry (another post if I ever find the time) and there it was sitting outside the workshop just as pretty as can be Cheesy.  Having been without it for so long it was like picking up a new car!!  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Had a chat with the mechanic, told me how wonderful the car was now blah, blah, blah years MOT blah, blah, blah.  Says to myself ‘I just want to get out of here and D R I V E.’  Grin

So I drove home, about 2 miles at a push (no pun intended  Roll Eyes ).  Had to go to an engagement party - no time to play Cry.

Got up Saturday morning to give her a bit of a polish  Grin - some B******S put a 3” scratch on the bonnet Angry.  A nastier one that could be done with a key Sad Angry.  There was a problem round my way around Christmas/New Year with local ner’do’wells vandalising Asian/Indian/Pakistani cars slashing tyres etc.  The last time my car was on the street one of these drunk ner’do’wells came up to me and started chatting about how he and his mates thought mine was a Asians/Indians/Pakistanis car!  Goes away saying ‘nice car mate’.  Anyone any ideas on how to make my car look Scottish owned.  I was thinking of a couple of these wee stick-on flags anyway.

Went out to the car Saturday night - another part of town - something wrong Huh.  Driver mirror missing Angry!  Looks about and there it is on the road, mirror down.  Just then a car runs over it Undecided.  Mirror held on to the wee bit plastic by the tape stuff, glass in a gazillion bits! Cry  Plastic cover still on car but a 4” or so crack Sad

Looked about the net there is Mirror Glass Electrochrome and Mirror Glass, convex, plain etc.; $50 to $325 Huh.  Big difference!

What can I expect to pay in real money for a real one and where from?

Jackie, my fiancé Kiss says it was better off and safer in the garage.

Grin Its still the best car angel in the world - definitely!  Grin

As things happen in 3s I quickly went out and put petrol in it (I'd been used to Jackies Fiesta taking about £30 to fill) £50, 3/4 full tank >> reassuringly expensive!!!!!

Lucky white heather anyone?

Sponsored Links

dutch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2006 at 06:22

sorry to here that jack.

look on the bright side it can only get better!

e39,1200 bandit
cooper S, Z3 topazbleu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic