FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked1999 E39 Vibration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1999 E39 Vibration
    Posted: 21-January-2006 at 18:04

Hi all,

Hi,

First of all, many thanks for the help in the supply of information that led to the succesfull fitting of angel eyes refit to my 1999 e39, the differance is remarable and really does change the only outwardly cosmetic complaint I had with with my BMW.

My car has developed a problem in the last few weeks, Under acceleration I suffer a fairly severe vibration through the car. Acceleration is not effected at all. My initial thoughts point to a balance problem on drive shaft, but I can't see anything for the mid section of the exhaust.

Graham

Sponsored Links

Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2006 at 04:19
Graham-can't help on this 1 I'm afraid but glad to hear the angel eyes have gone in ok........celis for rears now and side indys?
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2006 at 03:08

If it is under acceleration it may be part #2 that is worn.  This is (I think) a rubber coupling that can be prone to wear.

OR

You may have simply thrown a balance weight off one of your rims. To get the tyres, I wanted for my E39, I had to go to a back street tyre garage, who didn't balance them properly and the whole car vibrated between 72 and 78 mph!  One trip to local garage (who I would have got my tyres from, if they could source them) and rear tyres re-balanced and problem solved.

HTH

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Toxic View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2006 at 09:38
Originally posted by GWilmot GWilmot wrote:

Hi all,

Hi,

First of all, many thanks for the help in the supply of information that led to the succesfull fitting of angel eyes refit to my 1999 e39, the differance is remarable and really does change the only outwardly cosmetic complaint I had with with my BMW.

My car has developed a problem in the last few weeks, Under acceleration I suffer a fairly severe vibration through the car. Acceleration is not effected at all. My initial thoughts point to a balance problem on drive shaft, but I can't see anything for the mid section of the exhaust.

Graham

Graham,

More info needed please.  Can you feel it while stationery?  Does it get better at speed if you drop off the revs?

Tom
E39 1997 523i
Oxford Green (Sold)