Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedJoint Car Club Meet - Sunday 5th February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2006 at 02:22
bit far for a first outting me thinks but if I get excited I may join you!
BMW 535i V8 Step.
Sponsored Links

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2006 at 14:42

Last gasp attempt at support from BMWCC.

Is ANYONE from here coming?

What has happened to this place!

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2006 at 16:39

I think it's just too early in the year mate.  Short days and cold weather make runs less attractive.  You also get less done during the week, so you have more to do at the weekend etc.

I'll catch you on the next one mate.... 

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
Loz535 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-February-2006 at 17:55
I'm half scared I'll just prang mine. I've been getting used to Quattro 4WD for two winters and now I am going RWD, could be a lot of "door handles first!" moments!

BMW 535i V8 Step.
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2006 at 13:30
Originally posted by E46ACS E46ACS wrote:

I think it's just too early in the year mate.  Short days and cold weather make runs less attractive.  You also get less done during the week, so you have more to do at the weekend etc.

It's not too early for 12+ to turn up from another forum in new R32's, S4's and S3's that most would prefer to keep clean and shiney on a Sunday in February!

Baah lack of character man!

Very disappointed in you all!

The region has all but disappeared it would appear.

Edited by Coasting

stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2006 at 13:45
careful, you're starting to sound like our North-East Scotland Co-ordinator

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
TRACKPIG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2006 at 17:07
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Originally posted by E46ACS E46ACS wrote:

It's not too early for 12+ to turn up from another forum in new R32's, S4's and S3's that most would prefer to keep clean and shiney on a Sunday in February!

i am very disappointed in you Coasting. i am sure lots of members would love to attend but due to other committments they cant. the last thing these people need is a slating for it.

i think you should apologise for the lack of character remark. we bmw drivers need to pull together not grief each other.

REMEMBER- POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT KELLY REMOULDS
E30 325 Sport - Gone but not forgotten
E36 M3 evo
Suzuki GSXR 750 Track Piece
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2006 at 21:04
..you've also got to remember Christmas was only round the last corner - things are slack for many people at the moment.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 07:35

Not everyone wants to get involved in a "spirited" wacky races drive where they stuggle to keep up with big performance cars. Apart from the fact that older cars just don't have the brakes or roadholding we worry for the safety of our pride & joys. If you prang your Six you can just go & buy another, I can't replace my 635 so easily.

Another issue is the "gang" mentality. Driving fast rather than just quickly is best done with one car.  Two or more cars driving very fast together would be seen as racing in the eyes of the law.

It's up to the individual whether it's the kind of event they want to attend so don't throw your teddy out of the pram just because not everyone wants to come out & play.

Stern rebuke over.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 07:51
I prefer a more leasurly driving style as well. My other half feels sick when I'm driving at any speed on country roads. I'm with AndyS on this one I'm afraid.
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
billgates e30 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 18:22
i just don't have the skill to keep up with the pace...still fun to trying though.....
Bill Gates aka Chris

BMW Club NE
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 18:37

Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

Not everyone wants to get involved in a "spirited" wacky races drive where they stuggle to keep up with big performance cars.   Apart from the fact that older cars just don't have the brakes or roadholding we worry for the safety of our pride & joys.

Well, well, wacky races?  Since when have you suffered from medium term memory loss Andy?  Because if memory serves me rightly, and I've checked this with someone else just to be sure, it was a red 635 that was the lead car on the last outing.  You wacky racer eh.

Kettle.  Black.  Pot.   All words that spring to mind.

Furthermore, what makes your pride and joy different from a newer pride and joy.  Absolutely nothing.  You're just making an assumption and we all know what can be made out of that word.  It's extremely judgemental to say the least.

Quote If you prang your Six you can just go & buy another, I can't replace my 635 so easily.

Ah, I see, well that's alright then.

Quote Another issue is the "gang" mentality. Driving fast rather than just quickly is best done with one car.  Two or more cars driving very fast together would be seen as racing in the eyes of the law.

Ahem, and I'll refer you to my earlier comment about the colour of instruments used for boiling water.  Quite astonishing comments to be honest Andy.  At least I know your real thoughts on the previous TSN meet now, although I find it much easier to speak as I find at the time.  Waiting a few months and then announcing that everyone had a gang mentality and were a bunch of wacky racers?  Hmmm.  How odd.

Quote It's up to the individual whether it's the kind of event they want to attend so don't throw your teddy out of the pram just because not everyone wants to come out & play.

Well I think it's safe to say that if I threw my toys out, that you got rid of the covers, the pillow, and probably wrecked the pram afterwards just for safe measure.

I get the idea though, because at least you've revealed your true thoughts on the meets now.

Edited by Coasting

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 18:39

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

I prefer a more leasurly driving style as well. My other half feels sick when I'm driving at any speed on country roads. I'm with AndyS on this one I'm afraid.

Is this catching Rhys?

Cast your mind back.  Remember a yellow M3 in your rear view mirror as YOU took the lead across those country lanes?

This is quite incredible.  Everyone appears to preach one thing, yet have been witnessed to practice another.

Jesus guys, think about it.  Saying is all well and good, but please don't patronise me when I've been behind both of your cars as you've caned them down country lanes with no-one encouraging you to do so!!!!!

stephenperry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 18:43

Rhys... busted!! 

come on up to one of the meetings at this end Coasting, we've got a deficit of people willing to drive their cars at more than walking pace

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 18:47
Originally posted by TRACKPIG TRACKPIG wrote:

i am very disappointed in you Coasting. i am sure lots of members would love to attend but due to other committments they cant. the last thing these people need is a slating for it.

i think you should apologise for the lack of character remark. we bmw drivers need to pull together not grief each other.

TP, firstly my comments were tongue in cheek, as anyone who has met me would know without much guessing.

However, they've been met with two quite remarkable claims to sobriety that I can only really describe as 'exaggerated innocence'!!!

I'm not one for BMW drivers pulling together as I class motoring enthusiasts as a much wider group.  I've always tried to encourage BMWCC and Joint Meets, so if anything I've done more than my bit to try to 'pull things together'.  I do appreciate the fact that not everyone can come to every occasion.

I'll leave the Northeast to do it's own thing in future.

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-February-2006 at 21:49

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Is this catching Rhys?
Cast your mind back. Remember a yellow M3 in your rear view mirror as YOU took the lead across those country lanes?
This is quite incredible. Everyone appears to preach one thing, yet have been witnessed to practice another.
Jesus guys, think about it. Saying is all well and good, but please don't patronise me when I've been behind both of your cars as you've caned them down country lanes with no-one encouraging you to do so!!!!!

Don't feel patronised Chris, I know I caned it on those country roads - though afterwards I got a right earful from the passenger seat. I've also scared my other halfs folks, her dad was gripping the dashboard while traveling round Shropshire - below the speed limit as well (he's used to pootling round in a Mondy). I've calmed down a bit since then (a bit..) and keep getting reminded by the missus. Now she's learning to drive and I'm the passenger I now where she's coming from.
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2006 at 05:18

Because if memory serves me rightly, and I've checked this with someone else just to be sure, it was a red 635 that was the lead car on the last outing.  You wacky racer eh.

Kettle.  Black.  Pot.   All words that spring to mind.

As I remember it was you who said "lead the way as you know the road". I like to have a spirited drive now & then too, never denied it. However, & Tim will confirm this, "spirited" does not mean struggling to keep the car on the road.

Furthermore, what makes your pride and joy different from a newer pride and joy.  Absolutely nothing.

The fact that it can't be replaced easily. Even getting a front wing is a hit & miss affair. Some parts are not even available at the moment. How long would you want to be without your pride & joy.

At least I know your real thoughts on the previous TSN meet now, although I find it much easier to speak as I find at the time.  Waiting a few months and then announcing that everyone had a gang mentality and were a bunch of wacky racers?  Hmmm.  How odd.

Cast your mind back. I did complain about having to chase all the way up the A1 like a bloody loony just to catch up with rest of you.

Well I think it's safe to say that if I threw my toys out, that you got rid of the covers, the pillow, and probably wrecked the pram afterwards just for safe measure.

Don't like someone disagreeing with you huh?

I get the idea though, because at least you've revealed your true thoughts on the meets now.

My comments were a response to your heavy handed attempt to bully other people into attending your meet & your comments directed at those of us who declined your invitation. You wonder why more of the NE members haven't come on your runs? Not everyone likes to be dictated to by you. Remember the Corbridge debacle???

As for your comments on the NE club dying - maybe you should come to some of the meetings. We're doing fine thanks.
AndyS

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2006 at 06:26

my comments were tongue in cheek, as anyone who has met me would know without much guessing.

I would have agreed but your numerous coments suggest otherwise.

I'll leave the Northeast to do it's own thing in future.

Oh, so we're dumped just because we don't blindly follow when you want to go all Alpha Male Tribe Leader on us? How will we survive???

AndyS

Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2006 at 06:28
And now back to the point in question of no customers for Coasting.

There is another run out today that is maybe clashing with yours.
StuB and a some of the Zed guys are out having blast with some of the Pistonheads lot.

And there was the BMWCC regional AGM yesterday in Leeds.. some folks are unable to do 2 events in one weekend.

Nick

Edited by Nick
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-February-2006 at 15:59

As I remember it was you who said "lead the way as you know the road". I like to have a spirited drive now & then too, never denied it. However, & Tim will confirm this, "spirited" does not mean struggling to keep the car on the road.

The fact is, whether you want to continue denying the truth or not (and you are), YOU were the lead car, YOU dictated the pace, and YOU decided it was suitable.  So for you now to criticise the pace of the runs is frankly nothing less than ludicrous.  All the way down those back roads you were in control.  Not us.  Not anyone pushing you.  You.  The A1 section was a mere fraction of the trip.  So what if you had to catch people up on the A1?  Did you flash us?  No.

After following you down the country lanes at breakneck pace, are we then meant to read your mind from a distance when you decide to slow down on the A1? 

I've mentioned this to the people on the run today, 6 of which were at the run you lead Andy.  On the question of our pace, your accusation of 'Wacky Racers' and 'Gang culture' was met with amazement.  I'm not the only one that witnessed it Andy, but you appear to be the only one with a certain recollection of events.

In respect of the Pride & Joy comment, well again I'll refer you to the previous meet.  You didn't seem too concerned about the availability of a wing then.  Ultimately, it's up to you how spirited you drive.  No-one forces you to drive quickly, especially when you're the lead car.

Cast your mind back. I did complain about having to chase all the way up the A1 like a bloody loony just to catch up with rest of you.

Did you?  I don't recall it.  Is there reference to it in the thread relating to the meet Andy?  Incredible.

Don't like someone disagreeing with you huh?

Ermmm, Andy.  It was YOU that started your little tirade of unnecessary comments to what was a tongue in cheek post.  Indeed you've made this post after I confirmed it was tongue in cheek, yet you've continued with a hoard of comments that have no factual base whatsoever.   I'd ask you to look closer to home at someone who doesn't like an opinion given back to them - especially when it is based on facts, not fiction.

My comments were a response to your heavy handed attempt to bully other people into attending your meet & your comments directed at those of us who declined your invitation. You wonder why more of the NE members haven't come on your runs? Not everyone likes to be dictated to by you. Remember the Corbridge debacle???

You don't read posts do you Andy?  I made it clear it was tongue in cheek.  Yet still, you persist.  Then, you raise another meet and call it a debacle.  You've got quite a nest of little bees wanting to get out of that bonnet by the sounds of it. 

Again, and I'll say this to everyone, have a little search of the threads and see if you said this then Andy.  Well, well, you didn't, did you? 

Not fiction Andy - all facts for people to go and find for themselves.

However, let me ask this, what gives you the right to think you speak for all the attendees of the meets?  Just what?  Absolutely nothing.

Edited by Coasting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic