Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScamera poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>
Poll Question: Are scameras good for road safety ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
2 [4.00%]
4 [8.00%]
44 [88.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:00
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

I don't really know Mark, but I'd try anything.

We need to stop this rot of restricting us, lowering speed limits etc, because any results will only be temporary.

We need to train people, all age groups, you included !

Point taken!! When?
Mark E30 M3 RHD!!! now sold !!! still crying!!!!
E36 318 is in technoviolet, for sale
Thank's for the photo Coasting, Flood's on tour!
Sponsored Links

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:01

Livvy

I think it may be possible in the future, but only after everyone is restricted to 5 mph !

If you feel comfortable here, and are in a postion where you think you may be able to help, pm me some details on yourself that I can verify, and I can pass you details of what I have been trying to do, with whom, and result details.

Livvy, did you catch this one ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:03
Originally posted by Floody Floody wrote:

I don't really know Mark, but I'd try anything.

We need to stop this rot of restricting us, lowering speed limits etc, because any results will only be temporary.

We need to train people, all age groups, you included !

Point taken!! When?

Your too far North for me I think, but I can put you in touch with people, I can even arrange you a free, no obligation, assessment drive in your own area, just pm me your name, address, phone number, and I'll get someone locally to contact you.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Floody View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:04

So, lets forget safety, they are young, stupid, and immortal, now, how do we attract them ?

Good point,I would say Track Day's/Mingle with a few "older"(our age) 40ish people, rather than meet at mc ds for a Sat night?

Its an idea Mark, and i'm working on lots of things at the moment, the big problem with that is who pays ?

Would you believe one group has been offering free courses to youngsters providing they pass...........almost zippo take up rate !

On the Who pays bit well its us,(ins wise)but I can see what you are saying, you would think they would jump at the chance

It would be worth a try, we have to stop the rot of restricting everyone in the name of safety, as any results will only be tempory.

We need to train people to a higher level than they are now.

If you have any ideas, and are capable of helping organise something up there, I can put you in touch with someone in authority who may be able to help you along.

Pm me with the detail's and I will see what I can do, im all up for better drivers
Floody View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:07
Just got your last one ...pm on its way
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:07
I can't do that Mark, he's a serving traffic officer, IAM senior observer, and ROSPA examiner, so I can't go giving his details out, I can possibly get him to look on here, if you don't want him ringing you.
Best Wishes

Nigel

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:12
I've just checked, he isn't online, let me know if I can pass your details to him, it may come to nothing, but who knows, I know he tries very hard to get the local youngsters involved.
Best Wishes

Nigel

Floody View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:22
P.m on its way, and pass my details on will help me + the kid's
Floody View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:31

I can't do that Mark, he's a serving traffic officer, IAM senior observer, and ROSPA examiner, so I can't go giving his details out, I can possibly get him to look on here, if you don't want him ringing you.

That is the sort of guy I need to take my tests with
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 21:49
Originally posted by skull skull wrote:

the government say speed cameras work .
so why are road deaths up year after year in most areas with cameras.
nigel your right when you say "You prioritise what you are seeing, subconciously, and with experience".

I answered this earlier all regions but one saw reductions in deaths and injuries in 2004 over 2003.

The area trumpeted on here by someone else (Durham) for their lack of cameras came lowest of all regions that achieved reductions in death & serious injury figures.

The areas that topped the table for reductions, London, South East, Midlands all use cameras quite extensively.

So the evidence that backs up your statement is ?

who is the more dangerous , nigel doing 80mph on a empty motorway or a 17 year old who has just pasted thier test doing 30mph in a 30 limit.
personnaly i would trust nigel or anyone with experience than anyone with just a year or two driving.

I haven't seen either of them drive & I have not seen the conditions that were prevalent for both at the material time, so while you may expect an answer it is truely an exercise in futility because it would be based on no evidence or experience.

the reason we have so many accidents is the easy and useless test system we have that allows half blind sloppy careless drivers to be in control of any veihcle.

Yes our driving test can appear inadequate at times, but we forget how hard it was for us when we did it don't we. None of us were born great drivers, but we are quick to castigate those trying to learn their craft & that is part of the problem on the roads today. People think of self self self & don't show patience or tolerance towards the less able, but then expect people more qualified & experienced than them to be tolerant & patient with their mistakes.
It may surprise you to lnow that compared to the vast majority of countries in the world our driving test is amongst the most difficult to pass. Frightening isn't it.

It may also surprsie you to know that our roads are amongst the safest in the world, with the lowest daeth rate per head of population of all the major populated nations.

if i can drive higher than the speed limit taking in all that is around me safely and another cannot then why am i in the wrong, i am made to comply because of others lack of common sense and ability.

That of course is your opinion that you are safe travelling in excess of our speed limits. Who has tested you in that assertion & what were their qualifications ?

so livvy if the government changed the limit tomorrow on a motorway to 80mph that would be ok for you because we must follow like blind sheep what somebody that dont even drive themselves has said we must do.

That would be OK for me because it is the law. That would then be the upper limit but it wouldn't mean that it is safe to always do that speed.

There are times that it is safe for some people to travel at speeds far in excess of our limits, but that doesn't mean that we can. Because we live in a society based on the rule of law & the law says we can't go above the speed limit. The sheep follow the rule of law & don't get punished. Others may choose to break various rules but society will punish them. This is not new to us. People have actually been prosecuted in this country for speeding for over 100 years.

If we talk about the maximum safe speed on a road it will vary greatly depending on the ability of the driver, the vehicles capabilities, road & weather conditions, the proximity of hazards, available vision & a whole host of things. It would be different for virtually everyone of us & impossible to administer. Society therefore sets limits common to us all that we must by law adhere to or be punished. Those limits have to encompass all & you said yourself earlier that half the people out there are half blind & careless so that is why they are set at what they are. They limits are preventative legislation in that there is no requirement to wait for danger to actually occur before prosecution can take place. Merely that the limit was broken. You can of course still be prosecuted for speeds under the limit that were inappropraite for the circumstances but this is harder to prove, because what is appropriate is so subjective. That is why we can't have limits based on what is appropriate because my appropriate is not your appropriate is not the next man/womans appropriate. It is simpler to understand with a line that you must not go beyond where speed is concerned and that will be based on the road type that you are on.

Edited by livvy
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2005 at 22:09
I have tried to answer most of the points raised by others & forgive me if I missed any but I was in abit of a minority & may have missed some.

I haven't seen many answers given to the questions I raised in my original post of why if it is about money those thing happen

Originally posted by livvy livvy wrote:

Hi

Newbie here with a first post so please be gentle, particularly as it looks like I might be a bit of a minority voice.

I am really struggling to see how cameras are about making money , which seems to be the concensus view.

If you want to make money from motorists surely slipping half a penny extra on a litre of fuel would be far easier, less aggravation, less polarising for the government & be guaranteed to raise far more money.

With cameras there is no control over how much money you can raise, infact no guarantee of raising any at all (especially if nobody is speeding).

They are painted yellow (not good if you want to hide them & make money).
They have them listed on websites & where they are situated (not a good move if you want to make money)
You can legally use GPS warning devices that warn you of their location (not a good move if you want to raise money)

If you also look at what happens with tickets you get both a small fine & points. In giving points you are moving people towards disqualification. You are effectively getting a customer base & then banning them from being customers (not a good move for any business that wants to make money). Surely if it's about money they would make it no points & bigger fine wouldn't they ?

What appears to have been lost here is that speeding is an offence & don't we expect that people who commit offences should be punished? I know someone will say that there are more serious offences & that's true there are, but surely that just deflects from the fact that speeding is still an offence & should be punished as the law has been broken.

With regards to the speed limiter topic on the link that Nigel mentioned, surely if they are talking about speed limiters that will completely remove any chance of getting money from speeders on camera. Why invest all that money in cameras to catch speeders & then make them put adevice in the vehicle that stops them speeding if you want to make money ?
 Doesn't that show that it is about reducing speeding ?

If it is about revenue & we hate it, why do we supply them with it by speeding ?
spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 05:27
Why do people speed?

They're in a hurry or they're not paying attention to the speedo or they have a fine car build to travel at 155MPH and no one else is around or ...

There are a million reasons. Petty, venal, stupid, but no more so than the limits themselves.

The interesting question for me is why is it that people who drive a lot feel that the speed limits are set at the wrong level.

Another interesting question for me is why we can't have a tiered system for car drivers, since we already have a tiered system.
Ciao,
Spokey

livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 05:49
Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

Why do people speed?

They're in a hurry or they're not paying attention to the speedo or they have a fine car build to travel at 155MPH and no one else is around or ...

There are a million reasons. Petty, venal, stupid, but no more so than the limits themselves.

The interesting question for me is why is it that people who drive a lot feel that the speed limits are set at the wrong level.

Another interesting question for me is why we can't have a tiered system for car drivers, since we already have a tiered system.

That still doesn't answer my questions that if it is about money why do the government do the things I said

I drive a lot & I don't think they are wrong.

I could accept a variable limit on motorways (a bit higher at times & lower at others dependent on conditions) but I wouldn't change any others. That said the last time a speed increase was looked at on motorways it was rejected on environmental reasons because of the extra noise it would create.

We have a tiered system built on class of vehicle currently, which is easy to measure, identify & monitor. It is not easy to do the same with ability of the driver. Who has the required experience to teach & test you to drive in excess of our limits ? Are you going to like what they tell you about your driving ? Where we start to get larger variables in the speeds between the vehicles on our roads this is where risk significantly increases, where we are travelling at broadly similar speeds things are safer. The increase in risk of potentially catastrophic mistakes is not only to those who are travelling faster, but those who are less experienced & travelling slower, because they will find it more diffciult to interact safely with the faster car. They will find it more difficult to judge the speed & distance of others well & safely.

As I've said before, speed may not be the major contributory factor in causing a collision, but the people who investigate collisions will tell you that it is both a contributing factor & it is the one factor that if reduced makes it much easier to avoid collisions. In short it is the easiest most cost effective tool to crack a difficult nut. It will also, as the easiest & most cost effective tool produce the fastest results in reducing collisions.

Increases in speed inherently carry an increase in risk because it removes the most valueable commodity with which we can use to rectify other mistakes. That commodity is time. Most people don't realise this until it is too late. They get away with their mistakes so often that they don't even see the danger in what they do, then when they make that mistake at speed in less favourable conditions they have a collision. Because of the speed that collision is more serious & how do they retort. "It wasn't my fault there was nothing I could do".

The limiting factor in driving successfully & always safely at speed is rarely the car, it is the driver.

When people look at speed limits they look at them in relation to themselves & themselves only they don't look at the broader picture. They just look at the impact on their lives not others. They also generally look at them in comparison to an over inflated opinion of their own driving ability. Most people are nowhere near as good as they think they are & the reason is that in driving people just don't know the difference between them & someone who genuinely is really good because they seldom see it.

The evidence of 3,500 killed a year & tens of thousands seriously injured is testimony to the fact that people are not as good as they think they are & that they struggle to remain safe in our current limits. Some will view speed limits simpy as a hinderence to their driving enjoyment, I view them as an attempt (maybe a crude attempt) to reduce the numbers of fatalities & collisions on our roads by giving people more time to avoid them. Some people are not willing to make a sacrifice to their fun in order to assist in that. I am & society places a demand that you must with penalty if you don't.

The fact you don't have a collision isn't likely to be indictative of most people being good either, it is more likely to do with luck.

Edited by livvy
spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 06:31
I don't think most people ARE good. I think most people are really bad drivers. I sometimes make mistakes, and I know I have some bad habits. But as long as I keep my eyes open for a camera, I'm likely to make it through my life with my bad habits uncorrected and even unchallenged. Fighting bad driving by speed limits is lazy thinking and does nothing to encourage people to fix their driving.

Why is it that you don't find people moaning about laws that insist that you have to stop at traffic lights, even in the middle of the night when there is no-one about? Why is it that you don't find people moaning about laws prohibiting shoplifting or rape or murder? Because those things require intent, cause harm every time they occur and are natural crimes.

Enforcement of a speed limit is something arbitrary and given the millions / billions of miles driven every year, criminalises something that is statistically less likely to kill you than a week in hospital having a carbuncle removed.
Ciao,
Spokey

livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 06:39

I don't think most people ARE good. I think most people are really bad drivers. I sometimes make mistakes, and I know I have some bad habits. But as long as I keep my eyes open for a camera, I'm likely to make it through my life with my bad habits uncorrected and even unchallenged. Fighting bad driving by speed limits is lazy thinking and does nothing to encourage people to fix their driving.

Why is it that you don't find people moaning about laws that insist that you have to stop at traffic lights, even in the middle of the night when there is no-one about? Why is it that you don't find people moaning about laws prohibiting shoplifting or rape or murder? Because those things require intent, cause harm every time they occur and are natural crimes.

Enforcement of a speed limit is something arbitrary and given the millions / billions of miles driven every year, criminalises something that is statistically less likely to kill you than a week in hospital having a carbuncle removed.

But four times more likely to kill you than murder or manslaughter.

I said earlier speed limits are preventative legislation, so of course the danger is not required to be seen to deal with it. It is an attempt to reduce the chances of it happening before it comes along, which has got to be better than waiting for the fatality & saying, "speed helped cause that, if we had intervened it may never have happened."

People moan because it affects them. Other criminals moan about the law not being fair on the crimes that they commit, all criminals want to deflect the view of authority away from their transgressions and towards others. "Look at him, he's doing....."

There is no point in a limit without the threat of enforcement & I think that even with a group that have a huge interest in the enjoyment of driving that they will accept the need for limits. But it will usually be from them "a limit for others but not for me"

Other people will of course moan, people drive too fast today & the Police should be prosecuting them. Just because they don't like spirited driving doesn't make their voice any less important & they can't be dismissed just because they don't come from a social group predisposed to the same values as you.

Don't think for a minute that I don't think that training & re-testing etc need to be addressed. I applaud those that do it & the government should do more on these matters, but that doesn't alter the fact that not enforcing speed limits is not the way to go about making our roads safer.

Edited by livvy
spokey View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 06:56
Originally posted by livvy livvy wrote:

that doesn't alter the fact that not enforcing speed limits is not the way to go about making our roads safer.

But ONLY blindly enforcing speed limits is equally not the way to make our roads safer. The fact of the matter is, if you have an AA road map, and you surf the odd website, you can drive like an utter loon and have no real fear of ever been caught.

I don't want German autobahn limits in the UK, because the roads are too busy. I would like to reach my destination without wanting to strangle eight people for driving like clueless idiots, though.  But if you're parked at 69MPH in the right hand lane, who's going to stop you?

In other news: motorists subsidise this country enormously. We should get thanks, care, better engineering and more forethought from the government we're propping up. We should not be persecuted. We are being persecuted.

If you don't think we're persecuted: why put a scamera up when reworking the engineering in a bend would make it safer? Because it's lazy and it generates revenue.
Ciao,
Spokey

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 08:34

Hi livvy , promise to be gentle with you-- for the moment eh??----I know that some Scamera partners get very upset when their political doctrine is questioned.

Your answers and replies seem like all good advice on the surface, from the official party line.As WE all know, the Complete subject of Road safety is one of Politics--what are quick fixes at the most suitable time, with maximum show         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;         &n bsp;          http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1858368,00.html when times are bad for Govt, with the minimum results for REAL improvements.

So much success are the Scameras that, on 5th November--as I am sure you know-a press release was issued regarding the Govt rethink on the whole subject.   seems that there ARE alternative ways to Improve the safety on the roads----What a surprise that with the 70 Billion ££,s paid by motorists Each year---NO EXPERTS thought of it.

AS you well know stats can prove anything, as stated earlier on this thread--and all the research carried out by the "Independant" BUT funded by Govt, dont really count for much by the public who funded them in the first place, and know how much massage was involved in getting the correct message for publication.

By the way---your comments on the 2004 Great Scamera success,s in a paper reduction of KSI, forgot to mention that the Ex Scamera-in-chief Brainstorms County of North Wales ,showed a 20+% Increase in KSI--Why was that.

Checkout www.abd.org.uk and www.safespeed.org.uk , it may give you a more enlightened and balanced view of WHY Drivers, do not trust the Govt-Safety partnerships which include the Police. 

Edited by Nigel
SAFETYFAST
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 09:53

But ONLY blindly enforcing speed limits is equally not the way to make our roads safer. The fact of the matter is, if you have an AA road map, and you surf the odd website, you can drive like an utter loon and have no real fear of ever been caught.

Please think about what you are saying spokey "ONLY" blindly enforcing speed limits indeed. So no other prosecutions take place ?
What about all the people prosecuted under other preventative legislation. No seatbelt, driving on the mobile phone, blacked out windows etc etc ? Just what is your perception on the percentage of Police resources that are put aside for speed enforcement ?
Before you spout such comments look & see whether your prejudiced perception of it ties in with the reality of it.

The truth is the Police put very little resources into speed enforcement, far more resources are spent on other matters. You have a disproportionate view of it simply because it is something that greatly affects you.

I don't want German autobahn limits in the UK, because the roads are too busy. I would like to reach my destination without wanting to strangle eight people for driving like clueless idiots, though.  But if you're parked at 69MPH in the right hand lane, who's going to stop you?

Other people's defeciencies are not an excuse or a defence for you breaking the speed limits. Chill out & relax, be more tolerant of other people. Build them into your driving plans & take account of their weaknesses when doing so. Don't be hung up so much on progress, it is one of the less important attributes of a good driver, patience & restraint are more appropriate.

In other news: motorists subsidise this country enormously. We should get thanks, care, better engineering and more forethought from the government we're propping up. We should not be persecuted. We are being persecuted.

If you don't think we're persecuted: why put a scamera up when reworking the engineering in a bend would make it safer? Because it's lazy and it generates revenue.

They can't persecute you unless you let them. They can't fine you if you are obeying the rules of the road. You can't blame them for prosecuting you if you do break the covenant that you have entered into when applying for your licence & being tested. Driving on our roads is a privilege not a right. If you abuse that privilege by constantly breaking the rules it will be taken away.

Why should somebody who never drives on the roads have to pay for them at all, but they do still in their council tax.

Cameras aren't the only method that are used in attempting to reduce speeding. Engineering is used. Speedhumps anyone ? Give me a camera over speedhumps anyday.

It's no good to say that education alone is the answer either. We educate our children to the perils of teenage pregnancy & drugs but it doesn't stop them doing it in vast numbers does it ?

It's about education, engineering & enforcement & like I say your view of what resources the Police do on enforcement is vastly disproportionate to the reality.

Edited by livvy
skull View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 10:09
livvy you wrote "This is not new to us. People have actually been prosecuted in this country for speeding for over 100 years" ??????

you gotta be kidding me here.

i get all my evidence from as many places as possible before i put them on here.

you it seems to me are just too set in your view to see the bigger picture, no insult intended.
my driving has been overseen by many people more qualified to judge it that the bloody government are.
i have always driven to conditions and always do.
this is never to a speed limit , ime not saying i speed or dont speed but there is a time and place for everything in life regarless of what anyone says.
speed is not the be all and end all of our problems.
and my statment when i said about who is safer nigel doing 80 on a motorway etc etc was a for instance not a fact but you can and did not see this and then do not understand.
this topic just goes round in circles and is getting riddiculas .
just a little crazy.

My drive
E46 M3 COUPE [MAN]CARBON BLACK GREY LEATHER H/K 19"s LED REARS S/B.
livvy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2005 at 10:25
Originally posted by B 7 VP B 7 VP wrote:

Your answers and replies seem like all good advice on the surface, from the official party line.As WE all know, the Complete subject of Road safety is one of Politics--what are quick fixes at the most suitable time, with maximum show when times are bad for Govt, with the minimum results for REAL improvements.

Reductions in deaths & serious injuries are REAL improvements.
Last year saw the lowest number of road deaths ever recorded on our roads (this can't be disputed) our roads have the lowest (per capita) death rate of any major nation. So I don't think we are getting it too wrong. What we mustn't do is get complacent & we must strive to further reduce those numbers. Inevitably though you come up against the laws of diminishing returns, the sacrifices in order for those reductions to be made have to become larger & larger for a smaller gain.

So much success are the Scameras that, on 5th November--as I am sure you know-a press release was issued regarding the Govt rethink on the whole subject. www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1858368,00.html  se ems that there ARE alternative ways to Improve the safety on the roads----What a surprise that with the 70 Billion ££,s paid by motorists Each year---NO EXPERTS thought of it.

Anyone who doesn't review policies is foolish. Anyone thinking that policy being reviewed means that is admitting something doesn't work is equally as foolish. No cameras have been torn down yet as a result of that talk of review it's business as usual. If you want them to be torn down then obey speed limits, camera partnerships go bankrupt & the cameras come down. It' simple really, but seems a very difficult concept or action for people to take up.

Of course even if we didn't have cameras, exceeding the speed limit doesn't mean you wouldn't get prosecuted by a Police officer for doing it when caught. What people really don't like about with cameras is that with them the chances of their law breaking (crime) being discovered increase. This scares them, but not enough into always obeying the limit obviously, I wonder what will ?

Quote AS you well know stats can prove anything, as stated earlier on this thread--and all the research carried out by the "Independant" BUT funded by Govt, dont really count for much by the public who funded them in the first place, and know how much massage was involved in getting the correct message for publication.

The hard facts can't lie, people can put whatever spin on them they like, but the hard numbers don't lie.

By the way---your comments on the 2004 Great Scamera success,s in a paper reduction of KSI, forgot to mention that the Ex Scamera-in-chief Brainstorms County of North Wales ,showed a 20+% Increase in KSI--Why was that.

Keep up Brunstrom is not the head of ACPO road Policing.
But yes Wales did show an increase.
But the North East, touted by some here as the model by not having cameras, achieved the smallest reductions of any region that made reductions, behind London, South East, East England, West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire/Humberside, Merseyside & the North West. So perhaps they could learn something from the others who contributed more & use cameras more.

Checkout www.abd.org.uk and www.safespeed.org.uk , it may give you a more enlightened and balanced view of WHY Drivers, do not trust the Govt-Safety partnerships which include the Police.

I'm very familiar with them, Some drivers don't trust the governemnt & Police, some do. Don't think that all are pre-disposed to your viewpoint.
Simple facts do remain though that if you break the law you must expect sanction, don't & you won't get any. If you don't like a law then by all means campaign & show good reasoned argument as to why it needs changing, but in the meantime disobey it at your peril.

[/QUOTE]

Edited by livvy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 29>
  Share Topic