Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > 'How To Do'
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWing Mirror Cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wing Mirror Cover
    Posted: 25-October-2005 at 12:23
I have recently bought at BMW (E46) 330i Sport and whilst cleaning the wing mirrors, the body coloured cover of the wing mirror fell off.  I can push it back on, but it's still loose and comes off with the slightest knock.  The wing mirror itself is fine and all the adjustments work fine.  Is the body coloured wing mirror cover broken?  Or am I doing something wrong?

I know this must seem a trivial matter but any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

highbeem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2005 at 14:22

Mr P

I 've had similar problem with my E46 323ci. Apparently this happens quite often

Maybe one of the tabs got broken off.  

I came back to my car after some shopping and there was no cover. I thought it had been stolen. The guys on Irish forum said it just happens sometimes.

Apparently this is a fault with them. The guy i bought it from lives close to me and he said he lost passanger side when he had the car, so used glue when putting new cover on. I did'nt use superglue a weaker brand just in case it must come off again to do something to electrics.

Hope some bit of help

Highbeem
E46 323Ci
purplejaycars View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2005 at 12:18
Yeah thanks for that.  I took it to my dealer and they said the whole cover will need to be replaced at a cost of £85.  So I've cunningly used some balck electric tape and made a descreet join.  It on fine now and doesn't get knocked off at car washes etc.  Thanks for the advise though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic