FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCar could have disappeared last night

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2005 at 08:45
Originally posted by sleeper sleeper wrote:

I've a fairly simple solution - I ain't got a letterbox!

I use an american stylee fixed to the outside wall.

No keys for you thieving B******S

Yeah but they get to steal all your cheque books, credit cards and mail.
Sponsored Links

mackeroo1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
IRISH REGION MEMBER ///MACKEROO1

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2005 at 10:01
richie security does not matter if they want it

--------------
Gone in 20 minutes: car chief’s bomb-proof limo
From Roger Boyes in Berlin
HE IS one of Europe’s most powerful businessmen and has a car to match — or at least he had.

The thief-proof, bomb-proof Mercedes of Jurgen Schrempp, the head of DaimlerChrysler, has been stolen from under his nose. Herr Schrempp’s Ł500,000 limousine with 5cm-thick steel plating, a landmine-resistant petrol tank and bullet-proof windows could drive on, even accelerate, after the tyres had been shot out or lacerated with spikes.

It was the most secure vehicle in the DaimlerChrysler range: a Mercedes S600 that weighs 3.5 tonnes and, according to police investigators in Stuttgart, is probably already serving some safety-conscious Russian entrepreneur. “This was almost certainly a contract theft,” one officer said.

The 60-year-old chief executive locked the car and left it for 20 minutes while he dashed into an evening business meeting in Stuttgart, the centre of DaimlerChrysler’s operations in Europe. He was travelling without a chauffeur or the customary bodyguard.

By the time he returned, a gang had overcome all the security systems, rolled the car on to a transporter and made their getaway. They also blocked the satellite navigation and tracking systems.

Edited by kbannon
T.J. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2005 at 10:18

I know tis theft, and to be totally condemed, but on a certain level ya gotta tip the hats to the blokes who gained entry, and neutralized all the tracking systems etc.. if it was that cutting edge in terms of security. But surely you'd never be able to use the thing in public, Russia or not?!?

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
Tom Elliott View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2005 at 11:06

I think when you're dealing with this sort of scum then the only 2 things that will deter them and they are: 1. Extreme pain which can only be safely delivered by a large and savage dog or 2. Getting caught.  Chains padlocks and pilars are completely useless because they will just ask for the keys.

Daxklynsmith View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2005 at 17:44

Shees!! Now I really feel quite at home !!!

Having survived 3 unsuccesful car-jackings,1 succesful one, a mugging and an armed robbery I feel I have the credentials to pass comment!

The one's that come into your house with a weapon, knowing you might have a tracker are'nt going to be satisfied with the keys downstairs. Lock a door between yourself and the rest of the house at night.Mobile next to the bed is the best burglar alarm with the emergency number on speed dial on button1.

Sensor lights that can be set for body weight at front, sides AND back of house is a great deterrent (the toilet window only needs to be open after your morning constitutional)

if you see a fishing rod poking around, DONT grab it!! it may be someone who has visited my country and has razor blades taped to it.

remember that fishing rods cant go around corners.

Rottweilers are great but show me a rottie(or any other breed) who does'nt like hamburger patties, and then show me where animal barbituates at the local vet are subject to pharmaceutical control.

In terms of opportunists,joy-riders etc, all you can do is make sure that your neighbours car is easier to steal than yours!

Other than that, I'm thinking of a business selling Machine-guns, searchlights and watchtowers.

In terms of protection away from home,sarf Effrica had a system of pepper sprays, activated by sms to a built in mobile phone or panic button that would spray pepper all around the car.

So all the criminals did was shoot you before you could activate it.

By now I'm sure we have all done 10 trips to the window to make sure our pride and joy is still there. 

Sleep well ppl.

PS: A friend was phoned by Tracker to say they had located his car and it was moving.

"Where??"

"we dont know but as it's doing about 300 miles per hour and crossing the border we assume it's in the hold of a cargo Plane," was the answer

Dax Klynsmith
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2005 at 05:34
Go the whole hog:-
www.gunbroker.com
get yourself the clothing, the survival gear (for when you are sitting down a manhole keeping surveillance), the ancillary weaponry (knives, etc), the ammo and most of all the proper tools. I particularly like this gold engraved baby
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2005 at 11:39
Killian - I thought that you were the grounded, sensible one of the group!!!
Grahame_Vincent View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2005 at 19:56
Scum! Make you want to do time!!
Grahame
2004 E46 325Ci Sport Coupe, Silver Grey with Black Leather and M Sports Pack II.
Used to own:-
1995 E38 730i V8, Black, 18" Fox RS3's, Custom Tint Glass, with Silver Leather
1985 E30 316 Black
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=1066854
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-October-2005 at 03:25

PIR activated lights - B&Q @ liffey valley do a range that casue a plug in module in the house to chime (day and night) if the beam is broken. Handy on the side passage where you might not notice the light going on as they root thru your shed to take your tools to break into house. Fit a shed alarm so you know when they are trying to steal your tools

Most standard domestic alarm systems I've come across in Ireland rely solely on magnetic contacts - get some PIR's added to the downstairs zone of the system. We had three PIR's put in and system upgraded to take a monitoring signal for 200 yoyo's. Make sure the box at the side of the house with the phone connection is secure. Monitoring company should respond to loss of connection but who knows?

Cameras - preferably infra red so they can see in the dark, fitted under the eves of the house so out of worst of weather, connected to a remote pc with internet access, images are stored on a webserver so even if they locate and take the pc you've still got piccies of 'em - software can be set to different levels of sensitivity so next doors cat doesn't trigger a recording or alarm sound

Check the windows - were they designed for the glass to be replaced externally? Yup? Oh dear, a pallette knife and 15 mins I had every pane of glass out of the whole back of the house, took under a minute to get the kitchen one out - find out the material of construction UPVC etc. get an appropriate glue and fix em' in place. Yes it'll cost more to fix if next doors lad puts his ball through, but then how likely is that?

Use the key code on the OBC if your car is equipped with and have an extra immobilising feature added that only you are aware of.

Should've put my place up as a show house when I was done with it! Landlord freaked when I told her I'd drilled holes here & there for the extra security but paid for the work once I'd explained it all!!

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Richie View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Irish Region

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2005 at 04:13
Thanks for all that info Derek...excellent stuff.
Richie

T.J. View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2005 at 05:05
@ Derek - it amazes me that window manufactuers design the windows like this. Alot of places I looked at when I was buying my first gaff  had the same thing. A part of buying where I did was the windows. Thieves tried to take my front window out to get in.. cracked it before they discovered tis an inside removal. Had to replace the window, but they didn't get in
Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic