Forum LockedGaydon 05--Comments Invited

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Nigel Marston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 15:30
Goodwood would be a mistake as its too far south for us in the north.
Sponsored Links

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 15:26

Perhaps the club could pressure some more of the dealers or indeed bmw uk to put back something into the club, we members spend a lot of money with the dealer network one way or another,  if they each contributed to a slush fund that could be used to prepay for some stands which the smaller companies could enter into a draw for then it may help.

If you go to a ford fair theres loads of smaller stands because the big fairs are officially recognised by ford. 

Either that or a change of venue to avoid the crippling costs, goodwood anyone?

528 for now
Nigel Marston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 14:42
As a trader who was at Gaydon, I can confirm that it is always going to be hard to persuade traders to attend shows.

The reason is a combination of time and cost. It took me the best part of a week to prepare for the show and it is hard work when you travel the distance that I did. When the cost of the stand, van hire and fuel are taken into account and added to the value of the time for the preparation and the day itself, it probably isn't worth it. I only did it because I enjoy it but it is starting to become a chore so this year may be my last show.

The likes of Gaydon is one of the best but for many bigger traders, they are unlikely to consider it for the reasons I gave above. Also, the more traders there are, each gets a smaller slice of the pie. The bottom line is (and this is what counts) that there simply aren't enough people spending enough money to make it commercially viable.

However, I'd like to thanks those who did visit my stand and especially those that bought some of my accessories.

Nigel
donut View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 11:19
Was a good day out - those in the group we came with had a great time, although the biggest let down were the trade stands - we'd expected there to be more than there were.

Click here for my gallery & specs
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-August-2005 at 11:16

Very Many THANKS, to All who came from far and wide and in particular our Scottish friends from over the border.

Appologies for the jams getting down to the Display areas, unless one can get rid of a single car width bottleneck--it will be a prob.

Some very tasty cars in all displays, credit to everyone.Hope those that did the track laps enjoyed their drive.

Many +++ Thanks to ALL the Helpers who gave their time--WE appreciate YOU.   Your comments invited.

SAFETYFAST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic