FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM3 Sport Evo values

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: M3 Sport Evo values
    Posted: 21-November-2002 at 21:00
Just seen a low mileage (34K kilometers) black Spt Evo for sale at Oakfields - for £23K!! Am I alone in thinking this is too high. This may be an exceptional example but what is the general opinion on prices for these models?

Like many people I want to upgrade to an SE in the near future and will be looking at cars in the region of £12.5K - 15K. I'm hoping to get a nice example within that price bracket - it's going to be modified slightly anyway (see Schnitzer thread) so a minter is not on the cards!

It seems that the premium for Spt Evos seems to be increasing (three or four I've seen advertised recently were over the £15K mark whilst the value of std M3s (my current ones a 1987) seems to be stuck at around £5-6.5K, no matter how much money we spends on them!

Mark

Sponsored Links

pottsy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2002 at 21:08

My opinion is that Oakfields dont mind holding stock for a while or waiting until some rich b*st*rd spends £20+k on a whim for a low mileage example.

Personally I think its current value is more like £17k but would never pay it. Id rather pay 10-12k on an older model that had a load of work done.

I think 15k is pushing it now - std cars are going for 5-6k, you get an upgrade for 3k and be making the same bhp so whats the issue.  I'd love a sport but theres no way they are worth 3x the value of 215bhp car!

anyway they are my drunken thoughts

Haway the Lads
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3ae1a1ee/bc/car+stuff/Vodaphone+M3+@+Silverstone.jpg?
John W View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-November-2002 at 21:43
23K is way too much. I paid 12K for my Sport Evo and it's in good nick. It has 100K miles, the chain is done. If you pay any more than that, then you won't be getting value for money really, but then some folks just want to own a Sport and are willing to pay the premium. A couple of grand on mods will bring the power of a 2.3 engine up to that of a Sport Evo, but you won't get the yummy seats or spoilers. Or the plaque on the dash.........
John W
1990 E30 M3 Sport Evo
1990 E30 M3
http://www.bayareamotorsport.com/john_uk/

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-December-2002 at 22:38

I too have a  black Sport Evo.I think £23k is far too much for the car even with 34kms on it.I paid £12,750 for mine & it has had £8k spent on it ,£5k on the engine & all done by BMW.All done by the previous owner(thank god)

http://members.roadfly.com/garymorgan/drumpellier.JPG

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic