Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhy BMW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-August-2005 at 18:33
This is a good thread. Personally, I actually find them over rated, for the price premium. The premium is much more amplified here in Ireland than the UK. When I came out of company car land, there was only one car on the list and I'm glad I got the M3. BMW were always supposed to shout "performance" and quality, but when driving similar spec cars from "lesser" marques, the BMW seems quite flat and underwhelming, although are the best looking and quality is unquestioned. The exception being the M3 - I have driven many BMW's, but not all, so 330i's and 535d's and unfortunatley the E30, I cannot comment on. It is concerning that the newer model cars are getting bland ( or more accomplished !), a progression leading from the E36 to current day - but that can be said for all car makes I suppose. My all time favorite is the E34 5 series, you just feel part of the car with all the comfort you need.. Dealers and service don't even come into it for me, it's all about the grin on your face when you turn the key. I have a GTV as well and it is just so much fun to drive, just don't ask about workmanship, parts, reliability etc...
Having said all this, you'd imagine I was a candidate to jump ship, however, I have a long list of cars made up already for the next purchase and ALL of them are BMW's, so what does that say. But all of them are performance derivitives of the 3,5 and Z series cars. M3's are not common in Ireland, people either don't know what it is - at all, or nod in approval. Just my experience and each to their own.
Enjoy the experience - The Ultimate Driving Machine.

Edited by nn_dd
E39 530d Touring

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic