Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDealer Discount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBCB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-January-2006 at 15:01

I phoned up Scothall Southampton on 3rd Jan 2006 asking if they gave discount. They asked ' Why should we give any discount to you?' I answered,' Because I bought the car ( a 116i sport) from you.' They replied that they would give me a price for any extras but no discount. So far I have found this company to be very business orientated , that is making money, to the detriment of pleasing the customer. They have an attitude problem! This is evident in the way they relate to the customer.Maybe I have been spoilt as my last car was a Lexus and they go out of their way to please and build up good customer relations.

Sponsored Links

Fushion Julz View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2006 at 20:29
Happy to report that the recent takeover of the former Altwood dealership by STRATSTONE in Taplow (and I believe Windsor) has resulted in them now offering a discount on parts on request...Not quite 10%...around 7.5% is what I got.
1987 E30 M3
1996 E36 328i SE 4dr (Manual)
1992 E34 525iX Touring...SOLD
J1mmy View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J1mmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2006 at 09:13

Hi,

I have just ordered some parts for my E36 from BMW Halliwell Jones in Chester they said they offer discount to BMWCC members.

Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2006 at 14:37
Sytners Chigwell and Harold Wood

I had a problem to start with, they failed to take the club into account when I complained they apologised, rectified the error offering me a cheque, a refund on my credit card or a credit note. ( I would have liked all 3 !) I chose the credit note, its in the post currently I believe the discount is 10%.
Robert Born
beast535 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beast535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-March-2006 at 06:36
I got 10% discount on parts at Dick Lovett in Bristol and Rydale in Cardiff.
E30 325i sport 1991
E34 530i auto 1989
E39 535i 18"s 1997

chedixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chedixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2006 at 10:25

So far no comment from Sytners Nottingham and Sytners Leicester.

Wouldnt it be great if the club was to actually find out, agree with the dealer and publish the details of which dealers give what.

Once one did it Iam pretty sure the rest would follow suit, especially where there is competition in local areas.

Come on BMWCC, sort it out. Earn that membership fee!

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-July-2006 at 19:55

Offered the choice of FourPlus or BMWCC discount for parts at Dunedin Selkirk, FourPlus worked out cheaper, so they told me.

Wasn't impressed with club discount when BMW Dealership can offer a bigger discount. I have been / am Very happy with the service at my dealership and get on really well with them all, very professional, efficient and will do go out of their way to assist you. Cool

Note: Ask for a FourPlus price then get someone else to ask for the BMWCC Discount on the same part(s) note the difference!

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2006 at 09:15
Four Plus is a labour discount. You should then be able to get a parts discount AS WELL using the BMWCC discount if the dealer honours the scheme.
kuffs View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2006 at 20:40

Birminghams BMW dealers at Rydale Central in the city centre offer a 10% discount on parts & labour.

As do Sytner Solihull who I always use. Excellent service from everyone and extremley helpfull on all issues.

Steviec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steviec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2006 at 18:13

Sytner - Loughton, Essex (Used to be Chigwell but have moved), do offer a discount and are always very helpful to me and dont request me to pay for parts until they have them in stock.

hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-September-2006 at 16:56

The only dealer I had no luck whatsoever with was Eastern of Edinburgh.

All the other dealers I have used; Calterdon, Dunedin of Edinburgh and Soper of Lincoln have been very obliging.

Drew21 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drew21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-September-2006 at 13:13

Haus Schmid in Elzach in Germany gave me 10% on parts which was nice of them.

and my local dealer in west london (HR Owen Holland Park) always give me 10% and are very helpful people to boot (even if they did manage to spray hot coolant all over the cars interior, not once but twice!! - they did pay to sort the damage btw).

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2007 at 21:50
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

no club main dealer discounts are applicable to this area

That could be down to no one going in to contact DP at the dealer (Adopt a dealer)

Not that the dealer discount would justify joining for only tho.

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-April-2007 at 21:56

you yourself have tried to forge relationships with jc in the past; exactly what does "adopt a dealer" give them in return?

both calterdon and john clark refuse to discount for car clubs

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 15:18
I'm surprised by stephenperry's comments about no main dealer discount - when i was in Inverness I had no bother with Calterdon.
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 15:34
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

you yourself have tried to forge relationships with jc in the past; exactly what does "adopt a dealer" give them in return?

both calterdon and john clark refuse to discount for car clubs

Yes by the means of a letter,but you need to get in and get a meeting with DP.It`s been all explained in the magazine on a number of occasions

What`s in it for Dealer?

Buisness

It seems to work for the ones that have been adopted

Returning customers

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 16:37

Originally posted by hennabm hennabm wrote:

I'm surprised by stephenperry's comments about no main dealer discount - when i was in Inverness I had no bother with Calterdon.

maybe they've changed their policy, when i had my e36 no discount was definately the order of the day

john clark in aberdeen has their own loyalty discount scheme in place that anyone can take advantage of

Edited by stephenperry

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 20:08

I bought two 3 series and 2 5 series all through them. david Barker was the man to deal with on parts, although I believe he is in another role as well.

Eastern in Edinburgh were disgusting the way they treated me.

Sopers are still fantastic to deal with although some of their parts guys are younger than my car!!!!

NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-April-2007 at 20:23

26p discount from Douglas Park today they had no changebeerchug

528 for now
M3sportEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3sportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2007 at 23:13
Stratstone in Chesterfield, Derbyshire really appreciate their relationship with the BMWCC and parts dept. (speak to Adrian) will help supply the parts if you are experiencing problems with your local dealer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic