Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDealer Discount

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dealer Discount
    Posted: 21-May-2003 at 14:53
One of the more material attractions of this club (for me anyway) was the promise of a discount on parts at main dealers. Although the club makes it clear that not all dealers participate, I have yet to speak to anyone who has successfully claimed a discount from a dealer.

Please post your successes and failures re Main Dealer discounts.

I'll start...

No discount from Menzies of Stirling.

Discount from Henry Brothers of Glasgow.

Edited by Webdunk
Sponsored Links

markg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2003 at 20:26

My local dealer gave me discount on parts i bought for my 87 325i, when i told them i was a member of the bmw car club. The garage is Tice BMW in Dorchester, iam very pleased with there service.

oaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2003 at 21:57
i got discount from gerad cross main dealer on part for my 318 ci
DaveB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2003 at 15:04

I was offered 10% discount on parts from Ocean BMW, Marsh Mills, Plymouth,

A friend was offered 10% on parts, but ONCE ONLY (i.e. they will only give a discount on the first part you buy), from Wellsway BMW, Bath

Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff
Mark R View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
Wimborne, Dorset

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-May-2003 at 20:25
Update:- Scothall BMW Hampshire are getting even better, now give 10% discount on parts

Scothall BMW Hampshire (My favourite dealership) give 5% discount on most parts, special order bits don't always receive the discount.

Woods of Bournemouth, one guy gave 5% discount once, other parts guys don't, I still like Scothall's... parts open till 6:30 in the evenings too!, and they take parts orders over the phone.

Did I mention Scothall's receptionists ?...

Edited by Webdunk
Mark Roberts
E30 318iS

Wessex Region Secretary
E30 Registrar & committee member

Someone left a note on my windscreen. It read 'Parking Fine' that was nice
johnny318is View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnny318is Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2003 at 12:25
Benhams of Stockport and Bluebell of Wilmslow are both main dealers that used to give BMWCC discount when I lived up there.

Edited by Webdunk
John

Plymouth UK

96 E34 540i Individual
98 E39 523i SE
01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Dave E View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2003 at 18:51
Robert Stern, Evesham have always given me 10% discount when purchasing parts and accessories for my E32 7 series and E36 3 series.  They sometimes also give a special price when purchasing the more expensive accessories such as CD changer,etc.   

Edited by Webdunk
kmc23w View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmc23w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2003 at 01:19
Westerly Barnstaple dont and they kindly informed me that none of the Westerly group do

Edited by Webdunk
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-July-2003 at 13:34
Originally posted by Dave E Dave E wrote:

Robert Stern, Evesham have always given me 10% discount when purchasing parts and accessories for my E32 7 series and E36 3 series.  They sometimes also give a special price when purchasing the more expensive accessories such as CD changer,etc.   

I agree about STERN's - their parts personnel really are the most helpful I've met - and I've even managed to get 20% on a few occasions!

Unlike COTSWOLD in Cheltenham - don't like them much!

Edited by thepits
Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Nick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2003 at 12:18
Almondbury in Huddersfield has one of our guys as the parts manager.. good service at trade prices.

Sandal in Wakefield always did me a better than normal deal on my servicing.

I have found that a lot of the bigger dealers concentrate on chasing the corporate buck and politely decline to offer a discount to the membership..

We have been spoilt up here by having several dealerships that are active club members.. but then again we have put a fair bit of work into recruiting them, involving them with visits and concours events and generally making them feel part of the club.

You reap what you sow.

Nick
North East Region

Edited by Webdunk
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2003 at 23:37
Robert Sterns of Evesham are superb, always give a club discount and are just such nice friendly helpful people, and I only have an old E34, and no hope of buying a car from them.
The last time I went there I had my seven year old son with me, and they gave him a toy car !

Edited by Webdunk
Best Wishes

Nigel

SurreyDoug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SurreyDoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2003 at 11:07
Barons of Farnborough's policy is that discounts such as this are at the Parts Manager's discretion. Currently he says Yes.
Iain H View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iain H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2003 at 19:40
Snows of Portsmouth ten percent discount on producing card
Hartge H27 Convertible
My Link
RichardF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichardF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-August-2003 at 12:58
Mann Autohaus in Douglas, Isle of Man will give 10% on production of card. Quite friendly although not that clued up on earlier M models
paul325i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul325i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-September-2003 at 20:32
I got 10% on parts at Cooper's in Maldon, good bunch normally, especially as i know one of em

Visit My BMW
Got an E30? Visit The E30 Zone
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-September-2003 at 16:44
I've had 10% discount on parts from Morrisons of Kirkcaldy.

Whereas Menzies of Stirling look at you in puzzlement - BMWCC and don't offer anything

Edited by nero

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-November-2003 at 19:45
Henry Brothers in Glasgow gave me a Discount on some window seals i bought after having work on my alarm carried out by them. But the Cheek of them, they only gave me 7%, better than nowt I suppose.

Edited by sailorbaz

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B 7 VP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2003 at 10:30
 Damon Hill at Warwick give 25% Off labour on scheduled service on 4 year old +  cars, plus discounts off other items.Victoria in Milton Keynes 10 %. Hexagon in North London 10% Parts. Cotswold at Cheltenham and Hereford Member discounts.BMW GB,  Promote the Four Plus scheme within the Dealerships, so worth asking a dealer.
kevin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2003 at 19:10

Originally posted by SurreyDoug SurreyDoug wrote:

Barons of Farnborough's policy is that discounts such as this are at the Parts Manager's discretion. Currently he says Yes.

For me Baron's give 5% on parts and 10% ish on servicing

Edited by kevin
Kevin
'04 E46 330Ci Convertible
'08 E61 535d Touring (TorqueMeister Towbarge)
’95 E34 M5
’89 E30 M3 (Cecotto)
rutter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-November-2003 at 22:45
Williams BMW (Lierpool )offered me a 10% discount on parts and on a new battery

Also have bought some bits from Halliwell Jones (Southport} and also got a 10% disscount

Rutter
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic