FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 M3 A/C

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 M3 A/C
    Posted: 21-June-2005 at 07:23

Now that summers finally here its far too hot for me sat in traffic on the way home from work. My M3 has A/c which currently doesnt work. Had it tested and found that one of the wire connecting to the compressor has broken off.

1st question the connector bit of the compressor looks like it screws out and is replacable does anyone know this for ceretain.

2nd question out of the 2 cables connecting to the compressor i can only find 1 which goes to the switch would the other one go to ground or back to the switch also.

if anyone has a wiring diagram of the A/c circuit that would be great.

Darren

The Future's The Past
Sponsored Links

ian332isport View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2005 at 16:44
Originally posted by Dazzieboy Dazzieboy wrote:

Now that summers finally here its far too hot for me sat in traffic on the way home from work. My M3 has A/c which currently doesnt work. Had it tested and found that one of the wire connecting to the compressor has broken off.

1st question the connector bit of the compressor looks like it screws out and is replacable does anyone know this for ceretain.

2nd question out of the 2 cables connecting to the compressor i can only find 1 which goes to the switch would the other one go to ground or back to the switch also.

if anyone has a wiring diagram of the A/c circuit that would be great.

Darren

Hi Darren,

I have wiring diagrams for the A/C, but need to know what year your car is. The wiring changed around 1987 I believe.

Cheers,

Ian.

If it ain't broke, Modify it!!
Dazzieboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 11:24

Hi Ian,

My car is a D reg not sure whether its 86 or 87. Feel free to send me what ever you have all help will be appreciated. If my email address isnt shown on my profile let me know and i will pm it.

Cheers Darren

The Future's The Past
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-July-2005 at 15:14

Hi Darren,

You have e-mail

Ian.

Dazzieboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2005 at 06:42

Cheers for the diagrams they were of great help. got under the car yesterday for a good nosey round and found the missing cable it was tied up to part of the loom. the broken cable goes to some sort of switch on the side of the compressor. The switch has a hexagonal body so looks like it would screw out and the cables from it have connectors. Does anyone know if this would be available as a spare part or would i need a whole new compressor.

Cheers

Darren

The Future's The Past
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2005 at 13:12
Originally posted by Dazzieboy Dazzieboy wrote:

Cheers for the diagrams they were of great help. got under the car yesterday for a good nosey round and found the missing cable it was tied up to part of the loom. the broken cable goes to some sort of switch on the side of the compressor. The switch has a hexagonal body so looks like it would screw out and the cables from it have connectors. Does anyone know if this would be available as a spare part or would i need a whole new compressor.

Cheers

Darren

Darren,

You are in luck. The switch (Temp switch) is a replaceable part. Here is a screen shot from the ETK that shows the switch. As you can see, the part number depends on year and compressor type.

Cheers,

Ian.

Dazzieboy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-July-2005 at 16:10
That certainly looks like what im after you are a star Ian. I'll be off down the stealers tomorrow and hopefully have a cool car before summer ends.
The Future's The Past
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic