Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRockingham pics: 56k warning!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rockingham pics: 56k warning!
    Posted: 22-May-2005 at 15:58

Great day, not many people there really, all the rain managed to miss us! Very cold wind all day tho.

Here's a few pics to get you in the mood:

A lovely CSL on the parade:

The Kumho was the best racing, here they are lining up in the pits:

and starting (sadly e30 m3 (white/green) went backwards as brakes wore, it was good seeing it running with an e46 M3!!):

Here's the eventual winner (of both races) taking 2nd in the second race; the silver car went straight on and lost half it's bumper; the other half was sticking straight up for the rest of the race!!:

A sneaky peak at what makes a winner:

Someone in the Miltech (sp?) races was running a touring - it wasn't the fastest, but certainly the most sideways every time :)

And for the deep dish fans, this lovely 850 in the Kumho:

Would love to have seen this versus the M3s on the oval inside of the infield track.....

Onto the F1 car:

Amazing noise, 1:20 laps in Andy Priaulx' hands:)

Then Fifth gear turned up to do a F1 v. M5 piece, Tiff in the F1 and VBH in the M5. She was really caning the M5, smashing 30 foot long double tyre lines through the chicaine (and overshot once ;) )  The idea was Tiff would do 3 laps while VBH did 2 and see who won. VBH was doing 2 minute laps and Tiff down to 1:26 so he was never going to fit 3 in. But they did film one run where VBH slowed down and waited for him so they could cross the line together, so have to wait and see how it comes on the telly. Also, Tiff seems really nice, relaxed, guy and very interested in the cars in the isrt of way you might think he'd be past, and happy to mix with everyone. Didn't see VBH out and about tho :(

Sponsored Links

BM3K View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
S50 ZM Coupe

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 16:19

Nice pics!!

It was a really good day....

"Signatures may contain 1 or more images placed horizontally up to a max total height 150px, max total width 600px, max total size 25k."
1991 Macau converts has gone
Now I've got a ZM Coupe
m3gtr View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 17:20

Some great pictures there and it's good to hear that the Kumho's were such good races!!  I was in car 46...the E30 325 with the union jack on the roof.  Don't s'pose you got any pics did you? I managed two class wins so I'm as happy as larry today!

Defblade View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 04:25
Originally posted by m3gtr m3gtr wrote:

Don't s'pose you got any pics did you? I managed two class wins so I'm as happy as larry today!

Well done! That is a problem when you don't follow a series (and are too pikey to buy a programme!) - you don't know which are the class battles (I know there's a hint on the numbers, and I saw some drivers with "class...." after their names, but you can't really follow them from the seats).

'fraid I didn't get any pics of you, but check out http://www.e36coupe.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37309 and in particular follow Adonis' links and you may find something.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic