Forum LockedThe Next Northeast Region Sunday Run

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 06:57

Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

Arrange some rendezvous points so those that want to blast can & those who want to (or have to) tootle along can catch up.

I'll second, third and fourth that one!!!!

Never did get to give it a proper blast.

Too busy waiting or pandering to all those wimps behind......

A rendezvouz points means lots of fun in getting there, and lots of waiting once we're there....

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Sponsored Links

Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:08

I have just been having a browse around the forum in general and looking at a few PM's etc.  This was in an effort to gauge what had been happening over the last few days (banning etc) and also to see what kind of support there was for the next run.

This leads me to want to post a few thoughts about the Northeast region and forthcoming meets.

Firstly, I'm disappointed that the focus of the region seems to have been lost in politics, baiting and differences between users (albeit outside of the region).

I'm also disappointed that if you take numbers into account for the next run that we've really nothing worth organising.

That in turn made me have a look at some of the comments from the previous run both on the forum and in general comments that were passed on the day.

I've spoken to one or two people in PM's too and received some feedback about certain aspects of conversation, what happened before/after etc.

In summary, we don't have the feedback or concensus we need to organise a June run.

I'll hand the organisation of this over to anyone who wishes to take it too because my efforts for the previous run have drawn a few comments that, to be honest, I think people should keep to themselves if they think they can do a better job.  Or, just get on with doing the better job.

Banter is one thing I have no problem with but there is an air of unpleasantness in the background and I don't have the time or inclination to be bothered with it in all honesty.

I'll contact a few members if they're interested in mini-meets in the region but otherwise I'll back out from now on.

There are some great people in the region and I've thoroughly enjoyed their company.

This post isn't directed at any one individual, I give you my word on that (and AndyS no it's definately not you!  I liked your idea of rendezvouz points - a thoroughly good idea!), it's just formed from a general opinion I have detected and also on information I have since received about atmosphere/feelings in general about the last run.

Have fun, and keep the revs high....otherwise life gets very boring and we might as well all buy Nissan Micra's....

Goldryder View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:13
There is a saying, a very old one..it goes thus...

You can't please all of the people all of the time, best to try and please some of the people some of the time.

Coasting, although I missed the run last time, I hope you will organise the next one. OK there might have been a few issues with getting left behind etc but it was the first one and things never go right the first time.

I hope you will reconsider and organise the June run as there are plenty of us who wish to take part.

October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:18

Nope, sorry, that's me out.  Done and dusted.  Mind made up.

C11 XFF View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:27
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Nope, sorry, that's me out.  Done and dusted.  Mind made up.

I'm with you Chris..........as the two 'verts' dissappear off into the distance, with the revs high !!!

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:31
Everyone/thing has teething troubles at first. No point in giving up, we have to find our legs somewhere and work out what can and can't be done.
If people have a problem with speed, then all it takes is to use the old dog and bone (handsfree of course) since that's why your phone number was put at the top of the run sheets I guess.
Just when the NE was picking it's feet up and getting somwhere.. Be a damn shame, but if your mind is made up Chris, no-one can force you. All I can say is thanks for organising the other ones, I enjoyed it (and so did our lass).
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 08:47

Thanks Rhys, but it's not just a speed thing.  I'll still be posting as normal and I'm sure I'll have a thing to say on this and that, but I'll leave the organising up to someone else and won't partake in the general meetings.

I'll be in touch on mini-meets and the likes though hopefully.

Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 12:11
Well for what its worth, which is probably very little, I am sorry that you felt this way Coasting. Runs are notoriously hard to arrange and invariably someone is never happy, but you can but try to please everyone as much as thats possible.

I hope the rest of the people concerned will still want the run to go ahead next month and maybe seeing as Coasting has decided to bow out, those people who have expressed interest in going could decide on someone to do the organising for it. However, I am pretty sure that once the others come onto the site some, if not all will try to get you back incharge.

Like Rhys said, there were minor points that didn't quite go to plan, but then nothing ever does go entirely to plan, this comes with practice and as most on the other run didn't know each other or their capabilities or car capabilities it was a learning curve for everyone. I am sure that the problems are better aired than sat on and have people grumbling quietly to themselves or doing any backstabbing.

Floody..if you are still up for a run out with the others, I'd still appreciate a lift, if thats OK please.

Perhaps a list should be drawn up as to who is going or would like to go. I know Mal has expressed a wish to go, as long as no-one objects of course, which I can't see why that would happen but in the current circumstances, anything is possible I spose.
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
320ci View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-May-2005 at 14:01
Chris I thought you did a very good job organising the last trip out. If there is going to be a mini meet up before the 12th Jun I am up for it
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 04:29

As I missed the last run, I still haven't been on a run yet.  So I hope that there will still be a run.  Count me in, and also for any mini runs. 

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic