Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE12 M535i For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: E12 M535i For Sale
    Posted: 15-November-2002 at 13:23

For sale - BMW M535i E12, June 1981

Henna red, black trim. Standard Recaro seats. Central locking, Tilt/slide manual sunroof, Toad immobiliser, Electric mirrors, air conditioning.

A real 'Q' car - 138mph, 0-60 in 7.1 secs.

3.5 litre, straight six, 218 Bhp. Lovely torquey engine - great at eating up the miles. Dogleg 5 speed gearbox. In fantastic condition inside and out. The car spent approx 18 years with one owner who absolutely cherished it (hence its condition). He did lots of miles in it but changed the oil every 3000 miles and kept on top of anything that needed doing. It has now done 209,000 miles but still gets used everyday. The engine was rebuilt two years ago (approx 10,000 miles ago). This owner sold it to a vintage car restorer at auction who kept it for a year before selling to me in May.

The car is standard except for the brakes which I felt needed 'modernising' a little. I therfore had Jaymic give it a full service recently and add new calipers, discs, EBC pads, braided hoses and racing brake fluid to sharpen things up.

There are only around 70 of these rare machines still in existence in the UK from a total production of 1410 units, handbuilt at BMW's Motorsport division.

Taxed and MOT'd until May next year. Lots of bills, letters, every MOT certificate throughout its life, and tax discs available to show car's history.

All offers around £2,750 considered.

See my other post under the E12 section for another photo.

Tel: 01379 897200 days / 07831 308202 mobile

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic