FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked******* Dealers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 19:53
[QUOTE=E46ACS]

i was getting a judder through the stearing wheel under heavy breaking.  I also noticed a metal-against-metal rubbing noise coming from the front offside wheel, which got quicker as the speed increased.  This would happen when going straight, turning left, but not when turning right confused_I.

The car was going back in to have some paint touched up (rust bubbles on the drivers door seal and wing mirror, which was surprising on a 2001 BMW)

E46ACS, this is really a very sad story and you have my full sympathy.

I don't know much about these things, but this rust bubbles on the drivers door worry me a bit. Is it sure that the car never had an accident on the offside side, that might have involved the offside wheel and rack joints as well?

I hope this is not the case...

And I hope you got your car back by now

Citizen of the Earth

Explorer of Life

Marie-Noëlle or nick name MNL. NOT Marie or Noëlle ALONE!

Alpina D3 2007
E36 316 1998
Sponsored Links

micky_h View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 20:04
It's 1 a.m. and I've just had a drunken thought.Why didn't Bedlington just fit OEM discs instead of all this poop about having to fit upgraded stuff that was BMW but then wasn't BMW upgraded dics.You would've had your car back by now.Had black diamonds on the rear of my 306GTi6 and they only lasted 12 months/about 9k miles.

Edited by micky_h
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-May-2005 at 21:37

Quite happy for anyone to nick my thread.....

Thanks for the happy thought.... especially at this time of the morning.... my own drunken thoughts......

As long as I get my car back, then I can work out what is what and go from there.......

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
neileg View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 08:22
We're waiting to hear the outcome....
Cheers, Neil
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 10:44

"It's day 11 in the big brother house.......and Tim has still not got his back, although there has been a devlopment......"

It's 3:30:  The discs have arrived at Revolution, they have been collected and should be at the workshop anytime now.

So, "..today's task in the big brother house....."

The discs must first be able to fit the car.  They must be the right ones, or we start the task all over again.  If they are correct, and let's assume they are, will there be enough time to fit them onto the car?  Will I have to go and get the car myself?

The excitment of it all is......., well........., just beyond me for a Monday! 

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 12:01

"It's day 11 in the big brother house.........and Tim is about to go and get his car!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The discs are on.  ApproveThe car has been road tested.  And all is OK.  ApproveHowever, they can't get it to me, so I am going up there to pick it up.

I'll give an update, and verdict on the new discs later.

".....I wonder if they've washed the car for me.....?"

neileg View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-May-2005 at 18:13

Originally posted by E46ACS E46ACS wrote:

However, they can't get it to me...

Because the Vogons have driven an interstellar bypass between Durham and Bedlington....?

I'm pleased you have a sense of humour, coz' someone's jerking your chain.

Cheers, Neil
E46ACS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-May-2005 at 04:59

"It's day 12 in the big brother house........and Tim has his car back Big Smile..."

I went up to Bedlington to collect the car last night, got there about 5:45, they close at 6, and guess what?  Yep, no car!!!!!  But it was on it's way from the workshop, all ok!

At 6, it arrived, with nice big, new, Black Diamond discs on the front.  The man from the workshop confirmed that everything was in full working order!

The car was dirty, especially the wheels, but then I guess that's a by-product of new discs/pads, and the fact it only arrived back from the workshop at that time, so no time to give it a clean.  I was going to go and get it cleaned today, but I think i'll give it a couple of days more brake dust and do it at the weekend.

I drove the car home all ok.

I have driven into work this morning.  All ok.  The brakes seem to be bedding in as they were biting better this morning than they were last night.

No judder.  And so far, no strange noises.

So, fingers crossed.  Finally all ok. Arms Out

It took some, but at least it is sorted now, at no cost to me. 

So, I am evicting myself from the big brother house.wave

Given everything else that seems to have gone on in the forum, I do hope somebody organises a run soon, I have new brakes that need corners to play with!!!!  biggrin1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic