Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSuccess In a City Centre--near You ?????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rubberknees50 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Does it have chrome bumpers?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 19:44

Lmao, I spent my first 19 years in London, on discharge from HM AF the loony Lambeth council did me a favour and illegally refused to house me which helped me get a place in the midlands, well away from the lunatics running the asylum known as london.

Even in my youth public transport sucked, as soon as considered old enough went to school on (sorry Nigel) a pushbike, upgraded to a motorbike asap.

By the wa Rhys, cats work better than garden canes, whole bike somersaults around front wheel!IanT

IanT
E28 528, E23 735
Sponsored Links

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 19:41

Nigel, hate to tell you this, BUT-- YOU are in the Threatening Zone Area,suspended short list--for suggestive physical retaliation against our fellow/ess road sharers.Even in jest-its not to be encouraged.

PS-- Tim on the Znet-has just passed his IAM test.I have voluntered him for El presidente, due to they aint got one--since Duke was zapped !!!!!!!!OR !! We All could vote Nige in to do the Biz !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by B 7 VP
SAFETYFAST
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 19:26
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Can I be in charge of a special new dept. that has cyclists shot ?

much more fun to flick garden canes through their front wheels.

Take it you don't like cyclists Nigel? Can't blame you mate, they are a menace and most are colourblind as well..

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 19:15
Can I be in charge of a special new dept. that has cyclists shot ?
Best Wishes

Nigel

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 18:17

Horsetan advised--   All that I and others forecast about the folly of a Mayor and a "London Assembly" (for which, read "Ken's Friends") has now come to pass. And guess what? We're paying for it![/QUOTE]

Maybe the IOC know by advice pre visit,  about Bob Crow and the Crownies--But --as we know--IOC are about as PURE as the Swiss Accounts.Not Such a good move from Bliar was it???--support RED Ken to spin the infiltrating brainwash--that was only allowed for in  a Bliar DNA. Even WE wouldnt fall for that Wheel clamp-Would WE????-----------

Edited by B 7 VP
SAFETYFAST
Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 15:27
Originally posted by spokey spokey wrote:

...Unfortunately, I live in the UK. None of those criteria are met.

Nor are they ever likely to be met. And certainly not by 2012.

This is WCUK, home of cheap "kwalitee" for exorbitant prices, and origin of the cock-up.

Originally posted by Nostrils Nostrils wrote:

...I think their name is Capita....

Better known to readers of Private Eye magazine as Crapita

Originally posted by Praktisk Praktisk wrote:

Re-nationalise everything - Privatisation sucks!

What gets me is this: when the IOC swanned round Central London earlier in the week, why couldn't Crowbar and his union cronies organise a total walkout to coincide with the IOC visit?

Originally posted by pma1ums pma1ums wrote:

...our ken should have been sacked years ago for bringing in some of the most self rightness ideas he had
...and heres the truth .another one of kens ..sweep it under the carpet   ..once its gone through..

In the months when there was still debate about whether London should even have a Mayor (these were the days before Jeffrey Archer was put away), I was one of a select band chosen to swan up the Thames with the Mayoral candidates, together with a TV crew from BBC News SouthEast.

I said then (and my comments were edited out of the programme) that London did NOT need a Mayor and the attendant extra levels of bureaucracy which we in London would all end up paying for.

I also feared that if Ken in particular were to become Mayor, it would not be long before he would become power-crazed. The taste of life at the top of the old GLC clearly lingered on.

All that I and others forecast about the folly of a Mayor and a "London Assembly" (for which, read "Ken's Friends") has now come to pass. And guess what? We're paying for it!

Edited by Horsetan

pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 15:22

5.Pma1ums, AS a 90 year old you made Me day mate, think YOU will be me Spin chief

spin is my middle name  ...so you are ok with me ...salary is performance related with me ..10 basic [ dont want 40 k capped]..the rest on what i spin .

ask some of my past customers ..how they though they only wanted a price ..rather than the job been installed that week ..

you know it makes sense rodney ....

its a dogs world out there
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 15:15
 Doive--i,m open to All possibilties-- as its from an E28 er , will have to reconsider type of wheels available for selection-- eh!! eh !! anyone out there with a Buchloe LHD Alpina????? by any chance ??? 
SAFETYFAST
Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 15:02
Can I be transport minister? Please?
1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 14:57

Wow!!! You ALL , are noted--for MY Govt, bit worried !!! Sounds like SO much Common Sense.

1.Spokey-- I AM in favour of a system that is Clean-Reasonable cost-without slime offensive Xx"2)%62 passengers-on time-and runs at "This World times" if the last show finishes at 23-30, NO good if the last Bus/train goes at 21-57 --- Is It ?? If I dont want to drive into  Munich from the Airport-- I can go by U-bahn-everything one wants in UK less the Billions of WE spend, and only Dream.

2.Nostrils. Youre paying Attention mate, you get a free ticket to Ride-- or was that Ryde IOW--the true sum of TAXPAYERS Wages taken to bribe was 31 MILLION ,s BUT- newspapers say the sum was MANY times greater.You have to be in the inner RED slime Sh-t to have the true cost.

3.Praktisk.The fact that are on the line for running a Public service means that WE the Public, dont get a PUBLIC service.agree with you.NOW !!!!!!!! heres a thought for EVERYONE--what would happen--If the Slime Government sold its shares to the Public--guess what would happen?????????

4.Doive--Great common sense-- Suggest to the council that the Outer Charge is ok--BUT-you and 100,000 others will deduct 2 x 6 x 52 weeks per year from the Council TAX.So you save 624 per house.

5.Pma1ums, AS a 90 year old you made Me day mate, think YOU will be me Spin chief.

Well me cabinet is looking the Biz--DONT cal ME--Cos I will call u.-- Vote for Me !!!!

SAFETYFAST
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 12:15
Yeh dell and HP are in Ireland - clever tax stuff by their govmn't.  Yeh Tony take a hint.  You are supposed entice companies in not scare them away!!!   Greed, foolish, like with the windfall tax on the oil companies like BP and Shell.  As if they don't get enough from our petrol (80%+) but we'll leave that subject well alone!! 

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 12:07
Originally posted by silverbeastie silverbeastie wrote:

This country is far too centralised in London anyway.  So if companies move out then good. 

all the big accountants  have shipped to leeds ..KPMG earnest and young ..etc etc   .they got there head screwed on faily ealrly on in the game ..why have london rates etc   .when you can nearly halve it up north ..and if anybody needs to get to head office in london .stick them on the train and hey presto .in kings cross in 1hr 30 mins .

hence not stuck in london traffic and actualy doing work for 1 hr 30 mins on train ....clever peeps me thinks

in some pubs round here theres more londerners than locals ...

Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 12:05
please note the good work blair was sarcasm - phew!!

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
Daz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 11:56

This country is far too centralised in London anyway.  So if companies move out then good.  We are not alone though as Paris and Amsterdam etc all experience the same problem.  The capital is bursting with jobs (relatively) meanwhile the rest of the country is left to rot!!

Good work Blair!!  This issue will not go away in my lifetime unfortunately. 

2009 E92 M3 - Milltek
pma1ums View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 11:49

to the original point of this thread  ..mr B 7 VP  take a bow young man

.our ken should have been sacked years ago for bringing in some of the most self rightness ideas he had .....fairs fairs..hes had some good ones  but the CON charge is all well and good if it is actualy doing what it said ..self fiance ...and heres the truth .another one of kens ..sweep it under the carpet   ..once its gone through..

Doive View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 11:28

Well I live in Edinburgh, and I wouldn't dream of driving in the city centre. The council are changing the traffic flow of the whole city centre to make it much much more difficult for car drivers to get around - a petty tactic in an attempt to make the congestion charge look like a good idea. To be fair cars in the city centre are a menace, why not have a ring of peripheral park and ride for free schemes to encourage drivers to leave their cars and get on the good and regular buses. Public transport up here is second to none, and for that very reason I would never take my car in. Besides, parking in the centre is horrendous.

However, the council also wants to implement an outer ring of charging meaning that for me to drive to work every day would cost an extra two quid, and everyone who wanted to come in off the bypass would also need to pay this two quid. Personally I would just move out of the city - the roads are terrible and the council traffic wardens are far too eager to give tickets, they can be often seen hovering around cars waiting for the time to run out. That really annoys me. I agree that cars in the city centre aren't a good thing, but charging to enter the city limits is just ridiculous. 74% of the population were right to say no.

1987 BMW 525e Lux Auto (sadly deceased)
Get Firefox - Ditch Hopeless Inertnet Exploder
www.doive.co.uk
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 11:24

IMO any business that controls anything to do with Public service should not be accountable to shareholders.

Its just a kick in the groin of the person paying the tax for whatever the service maybe, knowing that instead of being re-invested in the service or the money going to other good uses such as improving the environment, instead its just going into the back pocket of some fat cat director or other major shareholder.

Re-nationalise everything - Privatisation sucks!

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Nostrils View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 11:04
What I dont like about the Con. Charge is that the company that run it, I think their name is Capita, received a boost of 15Million last year from Red Ken because they themselves were getting into financial trouble because they were not collecting enough of the revenue, of which their fees were based!

They'd better not get another boost this year, just to keep their shareholders sweet.
Phil
spokey View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 10:52
You know, I have to say, for a keen driver, I'm not actually against public transport. I'd far rather ride in a clean, cheap, punctual, convenient and reliable train / metro to get to work than sit for hours in a traffic jam, unable to read a paper or whatever.

Unfortunately, I live in the UK. None of those criteria are met.
Ciao,
Spokey

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-February-2005 at 10:35
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic