Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Central Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNeed advice please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice please
    Posted: 19-February-2005 at 09:06

I have just been to look at  this BMW 325i

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/CARS_popup.asp?modelexa ct=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=BMW&model=3+ SERIES&variant=325&keywords=&min_pr=75&max_p r=2000&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=rg30+3pb& miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sor t=3&ukc****arch_full=SEARCH&start=8&distance=11& amp;adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200507182705353 Just

It hasnt done 100,000 miles, well it has but its done 186,000.

Now the engine sounded very sweet and it started on the button, no knocks or rattles that I could make out, outsid the ar is in lovely condition, however the interior needs to see some serious cleaning up. The leather on the gearshift is peeling badly (I would expect to see this at the mileage its done) and the "Paint" bit behind the MPG calculator  has all peeled away etc and is stopping the gauge working properly. The body is is good nick as far as I could see. I didnt get to test drive it as its stuck at the back behind some other cars and I was concerned about the mileage so I didnt bother.

I said to the seller that I wasnt interested at that price owing to the mileage to which he responded "How much are you looking at then?" I said realistically about £1600 and his response is "well, do you want to buy the car?" he wasnt being funny I seriously think he will sell it for £1600 and that does include a new MOT. I said I would check and get back to him. Its mainly the mileage thing that concerns me at the moment.

What do you guys think? Please can I have your honest opinions as I do like the car I just need to be sure.

Edited by Simon Turner
Sponsored Links

Philrose View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2005 at 12:14

You must drive it first!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Philrose
Simon Turner View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-February-2005 at 12:17

I intend to befor ebuying but what about the mileage?

186k is alot I know but is it worth it?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic