FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBracknell Tyres

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bracknell Tyres
    Posted: 03-February-2005 at 08:32

I know quite a few people on this forum use Bracknell Tyre & Battery centre in Longshot Lane, so I thought I should share this with you as I am pretty annoyed about it.

Last Saturday, I went to have a pair of Goodyear F1's fitted to my BM. The bloke who was working on the car looked like he was having a generally bad day, shouting at his tools, etc. I thought no more of it. Upon driving home I thought the back end felt a bit 'loose', and needed small corrections in a straight line. I put it down to new tyres, on a wet greasy road. I haven't used the car until today, and this time thought it felt like it was really wandering around. I waited 3 hours for the tyres to go cold to check the pressures (wondering if the trailing arm bushes might have gone) to find one tyre inflated to 86 PSI!!!!

I have spoken to Tim at Bracknell Tyres, who seemed quite gutted. I told him what had happened, and that I have checked my guage on all the other tyres on my car, and a friend's which gave sensible readings (32-36psi). I am due to do a run on Sunday to Bristol, so I am glad that I checked it out now - maybe a lesson to us all.

'95 328iSE with S50 conversion
'98 Kawasaki ZX-7R Ninja
Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2005 at 10:14
Get money back
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2005 at 10:50
86PSI is very high. A lot higher than the maximum safe pressure of the tyre I'd reckon.
Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
pualo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-February-2005 at 11:25

I'm going to go in there - I was so shocked when I founf it I actually felt quite shaken. I mean, what would have happened if it blew out? Consequences don't bare thinking about. Now I've thought about it a bit more, I want to know that the tyre is going to be safe to continue to use, and that the bloke that did get a boot up his rear end.

Money back would be nice, but knowing its not just been left is more important. At the same time I got mine, I introduced my friend to the place who was buying 4 new 17" tyres for his wife's 328i. I rang him immediately and told him to get those pressures checked in case the same thing happened.

I remember the bloke was having some bother getting the tyre to seat - we saw him piling the air in and heard a real big bang as it sealed onto the rim. He must not have let the air back out. Inexcusable.

'95 328iSE with S50 conversion
'98 Kawasaki ZX-7R Ninja
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic