Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Central Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBack to the Future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to the Future !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted: 09-January-2005 at 07:00

Everyone Welcome at the Motor Heritage Centre --Gaydon--Junc 12 M40, 2 mins to the car park. 2-00PM. 12th February.

We need to re-organise the Region, to reduce the time taken to get to an event, and encourage NEW idea.s.

ALL interested owners are invited to Tell it like it is, and what they would like it to BE.

With such a large region, and some great locations for meeting up for a Drive out, or Visit Motor related sites, or competition driving, or ----and Thats where YOU come in  to Tellus.

Nobody will be sentenced to 10 years on the Gridlocked Motorways if you attend, and your idea,s may interest  hundreds of drivers and their families.

"Central-Alive in 2005" ( Good that eh,!!! just thought it up,!!!! see if I can do it-YOU can)

Edited by B 7 VP
SAFETYFAST
Sponsored Links

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 07:06

"Central-Alive in 2005."

Any ideas for events can be mailed to darren.Webster@haynet.com 

SAFETYFAST
Stone-IslandV8 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 14:25
I still say that the central region is too big and needs subdividing. If anyone else fancies going let me know.
Gentlemen I may not have a brain but I do have an idea

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 14:44

I Agree with Stone-IslandM3.

Why don't the Welsh guys split off into there own region. No offence intended to 'Get rid of the Welsh' or anything like that. But the Scottish and Irish have there own regions, so why not the Welsh?

I know that the Scotish guys have a long way to travel in their region, but I bet ther aren't as many off them as there are us? Although you may not choose to believe that, the way the region is at the moment!

I feel we need a good web page for the central region. That would encourage growth i think.

Pikey

Old enough to know better, too young to care!
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 14:47
 Thanks John M, we want to have the benifit of your idea,s as we do from , xxgomxx-mick_n3-Ratbark-Nordschleife Kevin-grantW AND PIKEY, +++++. An hour or 2 a week-Month is appreciated by Many BMW enthusiasts , its NOT a Life Sentence !!!!!!!!!.  Central-Alive in 2005.Cmon Guys n Girls.!!

Edited by B 7 VP
SAFETYFAST
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 14:48
Offa's Dyke springs to mind..
Is there any meets near Wolvo'?

Think the NE region is a bit big as well.

Edited by Rhys
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 15:10
OK heres an idea that I'll bring along to the meeting.

Why don't we subdivide the Central region into smaller regions based on N,S,E & W or by earmarking 5-6 key towns/cities and have a committee made up of 1 member who resides/ looks after that area.

e.g 1-2 rep for Wales,
1 for Gloucestershire & Oxfordshire & Warwickshire.
1 for Hereford & Worcester, Northamptonshire
1 for West Midlands
1 for Northants,Bucks,Beds
etc etc.

At least this way it'll give more views on an overall 'do' agenda and also will give a more focussed view on organising smaller meets.

John, fancy a small convoy up to Gaydon or are you going up earlier?

John

Edited by Stone-IslandM3

Past; E39 540T/E46 328CI/ E39 535/ E39 520/ E36 M3/ E36 318iS jet black Mtech/ E46 320d/ E36 318iS diamond black/ E36 318iS blue Mtech kit
PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 15:39

Thats along the same lines as what I was thinking.

That also allows the 'reps' as it were to communicate with each other to get organised for a big event/multiple events etc..

I'd be quite up for getting envolved like this and I'm definalty coming to the meeting.

Pikey

mick_n3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 15:51

Going to try to make this, got some work comitments that weekend but I'm trying to get out of them.

I agree with John, maybe we should split it up into smaller sub regions.

John if you fancy a run up I'll join you,

See you at The Harvester end of month

Mick

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2005 at 16:46
Ok how about this:

Wales-1 rep
Hereford,Glocs -1 rep
Oxfordshire,Berks-1 rep
Bucks,Beds,Northants-1 rep
Worcs,Warcs-1 rep.

Just a suggestion, could go as mad as 1 per county.

Its just too big an area for 1 man/woman to handle. Its also noticeable how little interest there is in cross-forum info on these meets, ie MK/Northants meets have been posted on other BM forums and got ZERO responce. Some meets have members living 5 mins from forum users and they do not bother going. Some forums have members here who do not go meets arranged on this forum yet arrange meets in the same towns as organised on here yet dont inform this forum about it.

These meets and activities need local pushing to gain attendance. I've posted about the monthly MK meets on 2 other forums (E30 zone and BM3W) and got a couple of positive responces from each so will hopefully push it forwards.

There are other entertaining activities which other marques involve themselves in which give them local media attention and heighten public awareness which again swells their ranks/support which could only work on a much more local basis.

Sorry to bang on about this but its an opinion I've had for a while based on my previous involvement in my misspent youth with the Lambretta Club GB and local scooter clubs.

John

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 05:32

Yes--All good stuff--Keep the idea,s coming.Everyone has a VERY busy Life, and family comes No 1.Lots of demand on time, and difficult sometimes to remember to keep in touch.So the first or last --day of the month couple of hours meetup, is a good idea.

Its taken a year + just to get the MK/Aylesbury/Northants idea accepted, and could be repeated all over the region.Some already do this, but dont tellus!!!!!.Having enough notice of a meeting is also important, not everyone uses the web.

SAFETYFAST
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 07:06
It doesnt help that I cannot remember the last time I saw a write up on the central region in the magazine-but I do remember that I saw a very depressed one with some photos of people at a meet looking very unimpressed!!!!

If the committee idea is worked again this is another job shared so would only be a paragraph or 2 by each rep per month.

Ratbark View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 09:02
There are some very good ideas bouncing around here, just what the central region needs. I agree 100% with what John(Stone-Island) is saying about the write ups on the Central region in the mag. We look like the region that does the least amount, we are the hole in the Car Clubs polo mint!

As the other John(B7VP) also pointed out, we all have other commitments that come first, thats life but if we all club together Im sure we slip the Central Region onto pole position.

My suggestion would be to have less people called John!!
Only kidding!

I cant promise that i'll be there as it falls on Sarah's weekend off, but we'll see what she says. mind you, she's never been to Gaydon before.... hmmmmmmmmm

Im off to put the charm hat on

Mark.
'89 E30 M3, '89 325i Touring(red), '89 325i Touring(silver), '99 Suzuki TL1000R, '65 VW Splitty SO42
B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 10:02

Mark !!, changed me name JB7VP-not sure how you pronounce that??

Write ups for an event, you can maybe remember-but-for a small get together at say a pubmeet, its interesting for those there, not always so for someone reading about the chat, who said what.So pub meets do go on, without others always knowing.

Down in South Wales, I met up with a great group of Girls n Guys-Paul, Simon and Steve for a drive out over the Brecon Beacons in May.10-12 Cars around the twisties, and we ended up for lunch in a great spot, more driving in afternoon.They often do these runs and other subject meets.--But No write ups !!. Theres an answer there!!!.

We have a Great website and Forum, why dont we have a New section for Promotion and  A Post write up of a Regions Event-NOT hundreds of words, but just gives an idea to another section of a Region, that THEY could do this-that+++.Can also be used for short notice "Next Weekend" anyone interested?? jobs.Killian could advise on that subject.

SAFETYFAST
mick_n3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 10:14
Originally posted by B 7 VP B 7 VP wrote:

We have a Great website and Forum, why dont we have a New section for Promotion and  A Post write up of a Regions Event-NOT hundreds of words, but just gives an idea to another section of a Region, that THEY could do this-that+++.Can also be used for short notice "Next Weekend" anyone interested?? jobs.Killian could advise on that subject.

John

I frequent a number of other forums and there is a meets section on most of them, any meet even just a small get together (as we had at the Havester the other month), has a write up and photos, so I feel this would be a great idea.

Mods

Please, please

Mick

B 7 VP View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 12:07
Rhys--Offa,s Dyke Sounds the Biz to me!! have often wondered What it IS??. So can you organise an Event in the area, for all of us to COMESEE.Thanks.(Coming up to Cosford in May- so look forward to your advice). 
SAFETYFAST
PikeyM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I
E30 M3

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2005 at 14:12

The A466 is an awesome road, running from Chepstow to Monmouth. Winds its way along the river and up and down the valleys.

Would be a great place to meet I reckon.

Pikey

xxgomxx View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2005 at 10:19
Am rapidly starting to think that this is a waste of time........posted some
thing's to see if people would start to liven up alittle a gues what
NOTHING.......Bought the m3 thinking there'd be a huge set up for the
Bmw marque......how wronge lot's of web sites talking....and no one doing
anything about it.

Annoyed phil

p.s. lots of looks on my posts but NO ONES INTERESTED?
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2005 at 12:18
Originally posted by xxgomxx xxgomxx wrote:

Am rapidly starting to think that this is a waste of time........posted some
thing's to see if people would start to liven up alittle a gues what
NOTHING.......Bought the m3 thinking there'd be a huge set up for the
Bmw marque......how wronge lot's of web sites talking....and no one doing
anything about it.

Annoyed phil

p.s. lots of looks on my posts but NO ONES INTERESTED?

And whats this?

South Central area meets being organised monthly in and around Beds/Bucks/Northants.

Also, theres a thread about organising a meet up with South Central region with East Anglian region which looks like being scheduled for February.

And the Central region AGM, and the better driving days.

It took me a year to get the MK meets past 2 people to where it is now and thats with posting on other forums plus the MK meets being held 5 mins walk from where a mod on another forum lives and he's been to 1.

Through perseverance with meets the MK meet extended last year to Northampton and Aylesbury (big thanks to Mick & Mark) and with further perseverance the meet in Jan looks like it'll have some guys from other BM forums attending.

People have got families/other commitments and will not attend every event. Personally I wouldnt bother with a RR event but thats just me.Last check I made you've had posts on your threads but why give out email ads etc when they're all on profile and this can all be sorted by PM.

Theres no reason the MK etc meets couldnt be extended to Coventry area or further afield but thats something that'd need the water testing on.

I'm not having a go but that post was a bit unfair and I'm sure most people who went to the meets last year will tell you I'm a sensitive wee lamb.

John

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2005 at 13:23
Originally posted by B 7 VP B 7 VP wrote:

Rhys--Offa,s Dyke Sounds the Biz to me!! have often wondered What it IS??. So can you organise an Event in the area, for all of us to COMESEE.Thanks.(Coming up to Cosford in May- so look forward to your advice). 

..This was with reference to splitting the Welsh off from England, just saw a history programme that said Offa's Dyke did just this.

..no offence to the Viet Taff, (sorry Welsh)
I'm based in York, but am in Wolvo' now and again as it's where 'our lasses' folks come from (never actually been to Wales, yet).

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic