Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe Best Excuse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2005 at 17:40

They double our points and fine if we go not guilty and get found guilty, although my local scamera partnership deny this, it was all over the press.

We are to get two points instead of three for some offences soon, but according to the press release stuff I've seen its not actually in our favour.

It was something like this, example is a 30 limit.

Present          ;           ;           ;   new

30 - 34 = 0 points                    30 - 34 = 2 points

35 - 50 = 3 points                      35 - 39 = 3 points

over 50 = court         & nbsp;         & nbsp;    40 - 45 = 6 points

46 & over = court

I cant swear those are the exact figures, but you get the idea !

Best Wishes

Nigel

Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2005 at 17:57

I found out recently that all the Irish registered cars being caught speeding by foreign licenced drivers will have the points kept warm for them. Our police have decided to accumulate them until the EU driving licence & points system become linked. By then it could be possible to have committed several offences over a ten year period but they will all kick in at once.

Our points system is riddles with unconstitutional elements that it would almost be laughable.

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Praktisk View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2005 at 18:07

Scamera Groups?

I always thought these were run by the police ?? They always seem to be close by / or is that for protection purposes.

"Only The Tyres Are Allowed To Smoke!" -- 2001 330ci Sport (man) - "Oh This Is a Saga Now!" -- E46 Section Remote CCTV Solutions
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-January-2005 at 18:16

The scamera partnerships are most definately NOT run by the police, at best the police are just one of the partners, and to be honest they are quite often ignored by the other "partners".

The police are still free to run their own speed checks, and quite often do, normally after a spate of accidents in a particular area.

Traffic policeman are the worst type for motoring offences, but they seem very reasonable compared to the civvy horrors.

A traffic policeman in the met area, who is a member of the IAM forum, recently found out he no longer has the authority to issue parking tickets ! They are now isued by the "parking attendants" ( council people, the ones who get cars and holidays if they issue the most), and very soon these people, and the new community officers will have the powers to deal with motoring offences too.

Best Wishes

Nigel

david328icab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 08:00
oooh lucky us.... If the traffic wardens get the power to give us other traffic fines other than just parking tickets we really will be in trouble....they are power crazy already.
328i cabrio in blue with grey leather. Angel eyes now added
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 08:37

Very interesting reading Nigel.

Thanks for the info about the morons in the mobile camera units.  My first encounter with one of them left me dreading the postman for weeks but nothing ever came and that was over 2 years ago now! I think I'm safe.....

My friend is policeman but he's not all bad as he has an E36 328i Sport Coupe and he works out of a local police station.  This local police station operate a couple of marked 530d and 530i's as traffic cars. 

He tells me all sorts of storeys.  Snooker is still a favourite pastime of the night shift!  Off duty officers getting lifts home, to football matches in the back of the traffic BMW's with the lights and sirens going etc etc.

(name of police station withheld, obviously)

Still they do a good there, patrolling a 30 mph section of dual carriageway.  I got cut up by a neddy (chav) boy racer once, you know the type, baseball cap at 45 deg to the forehead, luminous pink Fiat Punto, tinted windows, picnic table spoiler, only side lights and front fogs on at night, lowered, garish alloy wheels, thinks he's hard but actually drives a girlie car anyway round the next bend a marked Series 5 had pulled him. 

Nice one lads.

Mind you when I drove about in my last car a Vauxhall Senator 3.0i 24v policemen would wave at me when they drove past in their patrol cars.  I was filling it up one day and a policeman stopped a patrol car got out and asked me if I was selling it as he loved them as he used to have one as his patrol car. 

Did you ever use one of those beasts as your patrol car Nigel?

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 17:38

Not a hope of having a senator as a patrol car for me, I had a diesel vauxhall astra, and a 3.9 litre rover v8 engined ldv crew bus ( that was fun!).

I did however come up against the frog plod whilst I was driving a 24 valve senator, poor little darlings only had bmw r80 bikes and renault 21's !

That cost the company I was working for a few quid, I didnt realise they were even trying but they couldnt catch it, and had to settle for waiting for me at the toll booth, I thought they were just being friendly when they came over to me......wrong.

This was pre-IAM days for me, but I'd have lost my ticket if the frogs had the power to do so, as it was they couldnt really touch me, rather like our lot tend to let foriegn Johnnies go.

And as for Killians lot keeping the points warm, I for one will be for it if they really do that, I've taken great delight in annoying their camera system, albiet in british registered cars, so perhaps I'm safe anyway.

I can just imagine our government rolling over and accepting that happening to us, whilst at the same time allowing Irelands lorry drivers to completely take the mick out of our system !

Best Wishes

Nigel

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 17:48
I think you are safe in your UK registered tank as they would have no access to DVLA car registration records.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-January-2005 at 18:24

I think/hope it will be almost impossible for them to retrospectively get any foriegn citizens, how on earth are they going to trace them ?, and what are they going to do when they recieve "get lost" letters ?

There is a french lorry driver who killed a british coach driver, and injured some children in the coach, the frog chappie was driving on the right !

He was found guilty in a british court, and fined, he returned to france without paying the fine, and has been sticking two fingers up at the british authorities ever since, even appearing in british newspapers saying it is the fault of the british people for driving on the left.

So on that basis, I think your lot may be on a loser.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic