Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedbmw e36 325i se

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: bmw e36 325i se
    Posted: 14-December-2004 at 06:32

irecently purchased a 1994 325 i se and it has a mark 2 bmw immobiliser i believe this is the 3g ews mk2 and i have no key to turn off the alarm under the bonnet. the lock is actually located on the siren of the alarm, i had some problems deactivating it the other day and had to have it reset having the key would have made it ever so slightly easier so wondering if anyone knew where i could get one or if i have to buy a whole new siren. if so where? if not then il have to go back to using my e21 or e30 there much simpler!

Sponsored Links

dave 328 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2004 at 07:22
This is the same as mine, i too have the manual key overide. Mine went off when I disconnected the battery (battery back-up). I don't have the key either, but I'm sure BMW could get one for you, don't think anyone else could supply them. You'll have to take the V5 reg doc and ID to buy any security/license replacements.

328 Coupe Sport, Digital climate, full leather, OBD computer, De-restricted with M50 manifold, big bore throttle, chippeduk remap, custom cold cone intake and X-brace
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2004 at 08:41

Not sure at what stage it became a feature, or if it always was on these, but there is a manual way of disabling the immobiliser.  In the handbook pack there should be a security code (should be in a sealed envelope if it hasn't been used or removed) and there is an instruction in the handbook that tells you how to do it.  It involves a whole bunch of pressing buttons, counting flash's on the dash and turning the ignition on and off.

I thought I had a problem with the immobiliser on Mrs D's 316i a few months ago and went throught his, even though I had the key.  I understand that they can be a bit bothersome.  I ended up having this one removed and installed a non BMW immob.  It didn't solve the problem, but that's another story..!

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
henry View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2004 at 13:58
Thanks for your ideas dave i contacted bmw and they said they could not supply new keys for the siren but the only thing they could do is supply a new siren unit. thanks anyway like the look of your 328 too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic