Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
paul325i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW sales in decline
    Posted: 09-April-2003 at 08:30
Your right there Amit325i if BMW were to be in so much economic trouble that they went bust, then alot of other car brands would be gone before hand as BMW won't be doing it to themselves it will be economic.

Visit My BMW
Got an E30? Visit The E30 Zone
Sponsored Links

Amit325i View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-April-2003 at 01:33

So what are you getting at ralph whats ur ultimate point, that BMW is in trouble thats very good ralph well done i won't be able to sleep anymore!

As economies are so fluid these days nothing is impossible and if BMW does go out of existence do you think some other makes would survive!

I don't think so!

Ratbark View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-April-2003 at 22:44

Raph

That's interesting reading, as I work for BMW at the Mini Plant in Oxford, and the figures we get sent around paint an opposite picture. I cant quote them at the moment as I dont have them to hand, but they sure as hell dont look grim!

I know the Mini isnt a BMW branded product, but it does contribute to their sales figures. We are still building them to order, and the fact there is a 6-9 month waiting list for the Cooper S gives some idea of the demand.

I cant see the possibility of BMW disappearing of the planet in my lifetime, but I can only go on the information Im given.

Regards

Mark.

Ralph View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2003 at 18:03
Yes you can, because with a 15.8 percent drop in new registrations over a single month BMW might not be around in a couple of years time.  So your beemer will be very exclusive in a sort of extinct way!
RichB View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2003 at 17:57
So can we read more exclusivity from those statistics?!? ;-)
Ralph View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2003 at 17:45
Figures from the AFX European Focus

West European new car registrations fell 3.5 pct from a year earlier to 1.016 mln units in February, the European Automobile Manufacturers Association Acea reported. For the period January to February, there was a year-on-year fall of 5.3 pct. Last month, new car registrations were down 7 pct from a year earlier.
BMW Group, comprising the BMW and Mini brands, led the falls in new car registrations in Western Europe, dropping 15.8 pct in February from a year earlier.
Fiat SpA new car registrations in Western Europe declined 12.7 pct, while Renault SA new car registrations were down 8.4 pct. VW Group -- including Volkswagen, Audi, Seat and Skoda brands -- new car registrations were 2.2 pct lower, and the PSA Group registrations, comprising Peugeot and Citroen, decreased 1.6 pct. Both General Motors Corp and Ford Group registrations were down 3.5 pct.

By contrast, MG Rover Group registrations rose 8.1 pct , and DaimlerChrysler AG new car registrations were up 0.3 pct.
Japanese brands continued to perform strongly with a year-on-year rise of 6.2 pct, while Korean brands gained 10.8 pct
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic