Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Richie View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Irish Region

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2004 at 07:36
Martin,I feel sorry for you and anyone that has to endure the M50 in the mornings.Saying that,I work in Leopardstown which is the next exit to be ready.I'm hoping that when it opens I'll be able to hop on at Tallaght and fly out here.Have to wait and see.
Sponsored Links

BM Fan View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2004 at 07:24

Heard about the three lanes but can't imagine that it will make much difference as the problem really is that you can't get on or off the M50.  Three lanes will mean we can park more cars on it which I suppose gets them off the feeder roads.

If you come back along the route in the evening trying to get onto the M50 from the Naas road is a complete waste of time.  I go accross through Newcastle and Lucan on the way back as its worthwhile.

I appreciate what you are saying about get on the road earlier, but at €1000 a year in road tax I think I should be able to get on the road at a decent hour and expect to travel somewhat quicker than the Ass and Cart.  Plus if I drop the rugrats off at the minder at 6:20am I can double the mortgage taht I already pay for them.

I came back from hols on the 23rd of August and its been absolutely brutal from then.  Has anyone got an alt route as I tried the back of the Airport which is hopeless, also wonder what its like up through Ballymum, Finglas and out past Dunsink to rejoin at Blanchardstown.

On the plus side - the 2.8 is fairly economical for this type of driving.  I am getting about 31mpg, where as if I bring the 520i I only get 27/28mpg

Martin
In BMW exile at the moment (Shame on me for lurking!!!)
Previous Models
2001 E39 520i Auto
1996 E36 M3 Evo Individual
1996 E36 328i Coupe
1997 E36 318i Conv
1992 E36 316i Sln

topazman View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2004 at 06:35

They are proposing to create a third lane on the old sections of the M50 and until they do that it will still remain the largest carpark in Ireland, when the weather gets bad or there are special events down the country the M50 & Naas Road ( which is also getting three lanes out near Kill & Johnstown) become a drivers nightmare all I can say mate is get up earlier and avoid the carpark. At around 6.30am onwards the traffic starts to build up but at least it's moving at a good pace and not the one you are travelling at present.

Topazman

E46 Section    

BM Fan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2004 at 06:02

Any other poor sod out there making the daily pilgrimage from the North side to the Southside on the M50.  It seems to have become a total disaster in the last month or so and I do not accept the back to school rubbish.

The queue now starts back down the M50 extenstion towards the Malahide road. 

From Portmarnock Tecaco (93.9 per litre) to the flyover at City west, 19 miles, 1hr 20mins average speed 14.25mph on alleged motorway and dual carriage.  This has been the case for the last two mornings - Sad that I know this but not a lot else to do while I sit there.

I reckon its going to be screwed completely once the tunnel opens in Jan 05 and dumps 2.5k of trucks onto it in the am!!!

Martin

96 328i Coupe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic