Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSelling my E30 EVO2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2004 at 17:12
Getting back to the paint, I wouldn't recommend going back to bare metal if all is sound underneath as you're opening her up to potential moisture - albeit briefly - which could haunt you later. As the colours are fairly lairy you'll probably have to take the paint back a fair bit and primer & multi coat it back up to build the colour before polishing.....
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Sponsored Links

s14man View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2004 at 17:19

Thats exactly what westfields said they would do, and thats what they qouted me on,

The paint job on the car is one of the best I have ever seen, it only the colours that does not apeal to some peoples taste.

Burcin

s14man View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 09:02

Greetings…

To end this chapter and inform you all, I intend to keep my car and after a short while have it professionally re-sprayed which will involve having every thing striped of including windows, bumpers, trim etc.

I don't have no other realistic option then this, as I am not prepared to give my car away for 5k!

I must mention my hopes were raised yesterday when some one came and viewed it, initially he did seem unsure if he wanted the car, however he most definitely took it for a good thrashing. I would question the reason he declined to buy the car, but only the All Mighty knows his intention.

He questioned the authenticity of the mileage, as in his opinion the seats had excessive wear for a 80k car (fair enough) . However I told him he could confirm the Mileage from the Paper work, to which he wasn't interested?

He never even looked at the service history?

I look forward to meeting you all at various shows and meetings.

Burcin

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 11:48
Good decision! One day you will look back knowing you have done the right thing. EVO2's are as rare as Sport EVO's and if you look after it properly the value will increase with the years. In a few years time people will pay silly money just to get a special edition, regardless of mileage and condition. (my opinion)
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
rr_ww View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 16:28
Originally posted by s14man s14man wrote:

To end this chapter and inform you all, I intend to keep my car and after a short while have it professionally re-sprayed which will involve having every thing striped of including windows, bumpers, trim etc.

I don't have no other realistic option then this, as I am not prepared to give my car away for 5k

I must mention my hopes were raised yesterday when some one came and viewed it, initially he did seem unsure if he wanted the car, however he most definitely took it for a good thrashing. I would question the reason he declined to buy the car, but only the All Mighty knows his intention.

He questioned the authenticity of the mileage, as in his opinion the seats had excessive wear for a 80k car (fair enough) . However I told him he could confirm the Mileage from the Paper work, to which he wasn't interested?

I look forward to meeting you all at various shows and meetings.

Arrgghhh. A messer if ever there was one! Personally I wouldnt have let him drive the car until hes given it a thorough going over. Shows at least a level of interest. Actually, I didnt even drive my car prior to buying it, simply because I wasnt insured to. Craig very kindly did the honours with a 30 min+ test on varied roads.

I also agree with him on the people that tell you a car is worth X. When there simply isnt anybody out there who wants to part with that money.

S14Man

You made me LOL with the comment about cars aprreciating in value. These arent 1930s Rollers you know! Whenever I come to sell my car, I know I'll have lost money on depreciation. Its something that happens ever second of every day. The trick ios to enjoy the car ALL the time you own it. otherwise you would have been better off buying a £300 Fiesta as you'd probably not loose so much on that.

Rich.
steve1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 16:56

Might be interesting when the cars that are not available to the boys state side become 15 years old as I believe it is then easier and cheaper to ship them out, could this do anything to the values perhaps, what exactly makes it easier.

Still think that someone might have missed a very good car under that paintwork, anyway keep us posted on the developments of the car with some pics of the new paint when it's done, and good luck with your business.

steve.

1990 black sport evo- Now Sold
1988 325i touring ( written off )            
2002 ZM Coupe, hamann styling
328i touring ( '95 )
s14man View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 17:53
Thanks Guys....
m3bob View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-July-2004 at 21:57
Originally posted by s14man s14man wrote:

Thanks PJSM3, BMG M3

m3 bob when did we meet?

If one was to study the photos I have posted on ebay they would see as  BMG M3 has, that the door shuts have not been painted, on the corner of them is black tape which hides the join, this was good thinking by who ever painted the car as it makes it easy to reverse what has been done. The original BMW Sticker is still on the doorframe. The only problem with the car is the colour scheme not the paintwork!

The car has been professionally painted, there are no dents rust etc. To get it back to its original colour is not going to be a mountain of a job, people buy M3's needing a £1200 cam-chain change! (my cars was changed 19k ago) 

Westfield’s would give a 12-month guarantee for the re-spray, if there were going to be any problems with the paint job it would show up immediately, if not surely within 12 months.

Like I have said the engine, running gear, breaks, wheels, suspension are all in immaculate condition. I have even brought brand new tyres, a new battery, and new centre caps. The car feels very sharp to drive, I can say its handling feels better then a heavily modified Integrale I used to own, in the dry any way. The acceleration is shattering, it really is a performance car in excellent condition!!

I will let the car go for a good price that will acomodate a spray job, however I must ask you all; What would a EVO 2 (of which only 500 was every made) with excellent mechanics 82km, good interior and a fantastic new paint job cost?

Remember that what ever price is given it will affect the value of every E30 M3!!!

(Colud some one tell me how I may post a picture (inner dor frame))

you brought your jack from me, the car had red cam covers then, have you changed them?

s14man View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2004 at 23:16

Hi M3bob

I thought so, but I was not sure.

Year, I had them painted back to original, I also got a original steering wheel.

I also got 4 centre caps from BMW (£120), like you said it was worth it.

I am keeping the car now, I plan to get it painted soon, hopefully.

I just hope I can improve my income!!

Hope to meet you again

take care

Burcin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic