Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede90 316i drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 12:38
Originally posted by BeemaBoy BeemaBoy wrote:

Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

I find that in this country, it is more these annoying little teenage girls driving these horrible little cars that cause the most trouble. Sitting right on your towbar in traffic and getting all angry when you stop them from cutting you off at a roundabout! And boy...do some of them have a foul mouth on them!!!

BB

blow them a kiss really gets them hot and bothered

I will have to remember that on the way home...as I usually have an encounter every few days! No doubt though...people in South Africa, mainly the Gauteng area, drive like a bunch of idiots. Everyone does not care anymore because the police here are so useless!!! Too busy hiding behind a bush trying to catch people doing 121KM/h in a 120KM/h zone than checking all the people driving like idiots.

I actually saw a woman about 2 weeks ago try to cut off a double decker bus by crossing over to the wrong side of the road while there was on coming traffic...in a new uno or something...the bus had to brake hard to avoid squashing her and all of this was just to get one space infront of the bus! She would have had no chance in her car if the bus did not stop...

You have to wonder what goes through peoples minds these days whe driving???

BB

the women

the men

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Sponsored Links

BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 13:04
Originally posted by The blue bullet The blue bullet wrote:

My 2 cents...

Is it just me or do the "smaller" (316 etc) BM drivers drive more aggressively than drivers of larger more capable BM’s? I find that if I get blasted 9 times out of ten it’s a 316/318.

I don’t think it’s just confined to BM’s either, Starlets (Glanzia?) and Colts (Mirage?) are just as bad. I cannot remember the last time a 5 series 4ltr V8 drove past me recklessly!

I think this may be because all the young punks (with a few exceptions) cannot afford the repayments on anything better than a 316I. They buy them so they can brag to their friends that they own a BMW! Trust me...I know a lot of people like this where I work .

All the..."a hem"...older member of the forum can afford the flashier cars like  an M5 or 540I...and they generally tend to be a bit more considerate on the road

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 13:25
Dryle...the first picture and the last one are just nasty!!!
87 E30 320I
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 13:53

@beemaboy wots wrong with my car. it gets me noticed

the last one thank misty morning for her hol pics

Edited by dryle
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 13:56

No offense meant Dryle...but it is BRIGHT orange...

Does it show up scratches as I would imagine the undercoat is white...

Very rare... I will give you that!

87 E30 320I
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:07
no offense taken, only joking its not mine dutch reg
Dave Ryle

fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:14
Apologies for this extremely boring comment...

...but is there an E90 316i?
Beating around the bush.
irelandoffline View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandoffline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:20

Yeah, those shoes and handbag are so last season.
E39 Black, DSG off.

elara.ie - boards.ie
Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:40

Originally posted by The blue bullet The blue bullet wrote:

Is it just me or do the "smaller" (316 etc) BM drivers drive more aggressively than drivers of larger more capable BM’s?

In fairness, that could simply be because any BMW you encounter on the road is statistically more likely to be a 316/318, etc. because they make up by far the greatest proportion of BMW's sold.

Have a look at the cars for sale on Carzone - over 36% of all BMW's for sale there are 316/318. 

To get all statistical about it, based on the numbers of each model for sale on Carzone and assuming that these numbers are representative of the total parc of BMW's in the country then there is a 1 in 3 chance that any BMW you see is a either 316 or 318 but there is only a 1 in 515 chance that any BMW you see will be a 328. 

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
mbbaz View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:41

I generally don’t get involved with dual carriageway shootouts with M power there’s nothing to prove.

The only time Id bring out the power is if I see some innocent run of the mill car driver being bullied off the road by some lad in a 318/TDi thinking it’s a sports car.

E46 M3
The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 14:49
@ Derg, good point but I think the truth lies somewhere between your point and BeemaBoy's about young punks
Fey! View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 15:15
May I reiterate that the drivers of these cars were NOT youg bucks; both were about 40 and probably consider themselves to be professionals of some description.
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 15:41

All the..."a hem"...older member of the forum can afford the flashier cars like  an M5 or 540I...and they generally tend to be a bit more considerate on the road

Hey... who you calling old?

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 15:45
Originally posted by Kin Mak Kin Mak wrote:

umm you

Dave Ryle

BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 15:52
Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

Originally posted by Kin Mak Kin Mak wrote:

umm you

87 E30 320I
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 15:57

Originally posted by irelandoffline irelandoffline wrote:

Yeah, those shoes and handbag are so last season.

Sorry...meant 2nd and last picture ...

87 E30 320I
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:02
Originally posted by fozzymandeus fozzymandeus wrote:

Apologies for this extremely boring
comment......but is there an E90 316i?

Yes. And it's actually 1600cc. As a pay off there's an extra 250 litres of boot
space under the bonnet.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:03
Sorry I think my pics kind of hijacked the thread, while there is some justification to the whole concept people with smaller engined cars (Both young and old) (while some may be new or not) have this label of trying to bully other people on the road. It maybe just that those with the larger cars see the smaller cars doing this, coming from a 1.0L auto micra I have seen the other side where the bigger cars bully us poor feckers in the dinky's. And yes you may make fun of my old car.
Dave Ryle

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:06
Lets not forget that there was a major argument a while back about 316 buyers
Dave Ryle

fozzymandeus View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzymandeus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 16:10
Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

Originally posted by fozzymandeus fozzymandeus wrote:

Apologies for this extremely boring
comment......but is there an E90 316i?

Yes. And it's actually 1600cc. As a pay off there's an extra 250 litres of boot
space under the bonnet.

Well that's interesting... we don't even get offered it here. How unfortunate for us. Oh yes.

Beating around the bush.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic